- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 598218, 11 pages
Human Chondrosarcoma Cells Acquire an Epithelial-Like Gene Expression Pattern via an Epigenetic Switch: Evidence for Mesenchymal-Epithelial Transition during Sarcomagenesis
1Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
2Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
3Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 15 September 2010; Accepted 20 January 2011
Academic Editor: Stephen Lessnick
Copyright © 2011 Matthew P. Fitzgerald et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Idriss M Bennani-Baiti, “Epigenetic and epigenomic mechanisms shape sarcoma and other mesenchymal tumor pathogenesis,” Epigenomics, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 715–732, 2011.
- Hua Xu, MuMin Shao, HuiLi Sun, and ShunMin Li, “Primary mesenchymal chondrosarcoma of the kidney with synchronous implant and infiltrating urothelial carcinoma of the ureter,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 7, 2012.
- Ferenc Sipos, and Orsolya Galamb, “Epithelial-to-mesenchymal and mesenchymal-to-epithelial transitions in the colon,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 601–608, 2012.
- Jorge Quesada, and Robert Amato, “The Molecular Biology of Soft-Tissue Sarcomas and Current Trends in Therapy,” Sarcoma, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Jilong Yang, Xiaoling Du, Guowen Wang, Yan Sun, Kexin Chen, Xiongzeng Zhu, Alexander J.F. Lazar, Kelly K. Hunt, Raphael E. Pollock, and Wei Zhang, “Mesenchymal to epithelial transition in sarcomas,” European Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Fengqiang Xiao, Shusen Zheng, Wu Zhang, Yu Gu, Haiyang Xie, Kanjie Chen, Chunyang Xing, Songming Ding, Zhiyuan Xu, Haijun Guo, and Penghong Song, “Induction of an EMT-like transformation and MET in vitro,” Journal Of Translational Medicine, vol. 11, 2013.
- Lorena Alba-Castellón, Raquel Batlle, Clara Francí, María J. Fernández-Aceñero, Rocco Mazzolini, Raúl Peña, Jordina Loubat, Francesc Alameda, Rufo Rodríguez, Josué Curto, Joan Albanell, Alberto Muñoz, Félix Bonilla, J. Ignacio Casal, Federico Rojo, and Antonio García de Herreros, “Snail1 Expression Is Required for Sarcomagenesis,” Neoplasia, 2014.
- Joseph N. Nissimov, and Asit Baran Das Chaudhuri, “Hair curvature: a natural dialectic and review,” Biological Reviews, 2014.
- Yaxia Zhang, Ana Paz Mejia, H. Thomas Temple, Jonathan Trent, and Andrew E. Rosenberg, “Squamous cell carcinoma arising in dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma proved by IDH mutation analysis,” Human Pathology, 2014.