- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 197540, 6 pages
Comparison of Surface Area across the Allograft-Host Junction Site Using Conventional and Navigated Osteotomy Technique
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
2The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
3Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
4Department of Pediatrics, Montefiore Medical Center, The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
5Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 21 July 2012; Revised 9 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Hans Rechl
Copyright © 2012 Ajay Lall et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. J. Mankin, “The changes in major limb reconstruction as a result of the development of allografts,” La Chirurgia degli Organi di Movimento, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 101–113, 2003.
- B. McGrath, M. Higgins, and W. M. Mihalko, “Effect of end-cutting intramedullary reamers on host-allograft contact area,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 939–940, 2005.
- J. B. Stiehl and D. A. Heck, “Computer-assisted surgery: basic concepts,” Instructional Course Lectures, vol. 57, pp. 689–697, 2008.
- K. Reijnders, M. H. Coppes, A. L. J. van Hulzen, J. P. Gravendeel, R. J. van Ginkel, and H. J. Hoekstra, “Image guided surgery: new technology for surgery of soft tissue and bone sarcomas,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 390–398, 2007.
- S. N. Khan, F. P. Cammisa Jr., H. S. Sandhu, A. D. Diwan, F. P. Girardi, and J. M. Lane, “The biology of bone grafting,” The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 77–86, 2005.
- B. M. Cascio, K. A. Thomas, and S. C. Wilson, “A mechanical comparison and review of transverse, step-cut, and sigmoid osteotomies,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 411, pp. 296–304, 2003.
- Sensor products INC, Tactile Pressure Experts, May 2009, http://www.sensorprod.com/static/lamination.php.
- W. W. Tomford, “Bone allografts: past, present and future,” Cell and Tissue Banking, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 105–109, 2000.
- F. J. Hornicek, M. C. Gebhardt, W. W. Tomford et al., “Factors affecting nonunion of the allograft-host junction,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 382, pp. 87–98, 2001.
- H. J. Mankin, M. C. Gebhardt, L. C. Jennings, D. S. Springfield, and W. W. Tomford, “Long-term results of allograft replacement in the management of bone tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 324, pp. 86–97, 1996.
- E. J. Fox, M. A. Hau, M. C. Gebhardt, F. J. Hornicek, W. W. Tomford, and H. J. Mankin, “Long-term followup of proximal femoral allografts,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 397, pp. 106–113, 2002.
- E. Ortiz-Cruz, M. C. Gebhardt, L. C. Jennings, D. S. Springfield, and H. J. Mankin, “The results of transplantation of intercalary allografts after resection of tumors. A long-term follow-up study,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 97–106, 1997.
- R. A. Vander Griend, “The effect of internal fixation on the healing of large allografts,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 657–663, 1994.
- J. Sonderegger, K. R. Grob, and M. S. Kuster, “Dynamic plate osteosynthesis for fracture stabilization: how to do it,” Orthopedic Reviews, vol. 2, no. 1, article e4, 2010.
- J. Fischgrund, D. Paley, and C. Suter, “Variables affecting time to bone healing during limb lengthening,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 301, pp. 31–37, 1994.
- J. H. Healey, A. Abdeen, C. D. Morris, E. A. Athanasian, and P. J. Boland, “Telescope allograft method to reconstitute the diaphysis in limb salvage surgery,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 467, no. 7, pp. 1813–1819, 2009.
- S. M. Kumta, P. C. Leung, J. F. Griffith, D. J. Roebuck, L. T. C. Chow, and C. K. Li, “A technique for enhancing union of allograft to host bone,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. British, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 994–998, 1998.