- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 345161, 6 pages
Metastatic Patterns of Myxoid/Round Cell Liposarcoma: A Review of a 25-Year Experience
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
2Department of Orthopaedic Oncology, Tochigi Cancer Center, 4-9-13 Younann, Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi 320-0834, Japan
3Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyosai Tachikawa Hospital, 4-2-22 Nishikicho, Tachikawa-shi, Tokyo 190-8531, Japan
4Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo Dental College Ichikawa General Hospital, 5-11-13 Sugano, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba 272-8513, Japan
5Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
Received 20 October 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editor: C. Fisher
Copyright © 2012 Naofumi Asano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Noble, E. Moskovic, C. Fisher, and I. Judson, “Imaging of skeletal metastases in myxoid liposarcoma,” Sarcoma, vol. 2010, Article ID 262361, 5 pages, 2010.
- J. H. Schwab, P. Boland, T. Guo et al., “Skeletal metastases in myxoid liposarcoma: an unusual pattern of distant spread,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1507–1514, 2007.
- S. H. Estourgie, G. P. Nielsen, and M. J. Ott, “Metastatic patterns of extremity myxoid liposarcoma and their outcome,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 2002.
- T. A. Smith, K. A. Easley, and J. R. Goldblum, “Myxoid/round cell liposarcoma of the extremities: a clinicopathologic study of 29 cases with particular attention to extent of round cell liposarcoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 171–180, 1996.
- C. R. Antonescu, S. J. Tschernyavsky, R. Decuseara et al., “Prognostic impact of P53 status, TLS-CHOP fusion transcript structure, and histological grade in myxoid liposarcoma: a molecular and clinicopathologic study of 82 cases,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 3977–3987, 2001.
- S. E. Kilpatrick, J. Doyon, P. F. M. Choong, F. H. Sim, and A. G. Nascimento, “The clinicopathologic spectrum of myxoid and round cell liposarcoma: a study of 95 cases,” Cancer, vol. 77, no. 8, pp. 1450–1458, 1996.
- S. L. Blair, J. J. Lewis, D. Leung, J. Woodruff, and M. F. Brennan, “Multifocal extremity sarcoma: an uncommon and controversial entity,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 37–40, 1998.
- D. B. Pearlstone, P. W. T. Pisters, R. J. Bold et al., “Patterns of recurrence in extremity liposarcoma: implications for staging and follow-up,” Cancer, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 85–92, 1999.
- A. J. Spillane, C. Fisher, and J. M. Thomas, “Myxoid liposarcoma—the frequency and the natural history of nonpulmonary soft tissue metastases,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 389–394, 1999.
- C. G. Tedeschi, “Systemic multicentric lipoblastosis,” Archives of Pathology, vol. 42, pp. 320–337, 1946.
- F. M. Enzinger and D. J. Winslow, “Liposarcoma. A study of 103 cases,” Virchows Archiv für Pathologische Anatomie und Physiologie und für Klinische Medizin, vol. 335, no. 4, pp. 367–388, 1962.
- R. E. Pollock, A. Lang, J. Luo, A. K. El-Naggar, and D. Yu, “Soft tissue sarcoma metastasis from clonal expansion of p53 mutated tumor cells,” Oncogene, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2035–2039, 1996.
- A. Ogose, T. Hotta, Y. Inoue, S. Sakata, R. Takano, and S. Yamamura, “Myxoid liposarcoma metastatic to the thoracic epidural space without bone involvement: report of two cases,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 447–449, 2001.
- G. G. Orson, F. H. Sim, H. M. Reiman, and W. F. Taylor, “Liposarcoma of the musculoskeletal system,” Cancer, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 1362–1370, 1987.
- J. B. Reitan, O. Kaalhus, and I. O. Brennhovd, “Prognostic factors in liposarcoma,” Cancer, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 2482–2490, 1985.