- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 714986, 5 pages
Desmoplastic Small Round Cell Tumor: Current Management and Recent Findings
1Department of Immunity, Virus and Microenvironnement, Cancer Research Center of Lyon (CRCL), UMR INSERM 1052—CNRS 5286, Leon Berard Cancer Center, 28 Rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
2Medical Oncology Department, Leon Berard Cancer Center, 28 Rue Laennec, 69008 Lyon, France
Received 14 December 2011; Accepted 22 January 2012
Academic Editor: Isabelle Ray-Coquard
Copyright © 2012 Armelle Dufresne et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. L. Gerald and J. Rosai, “Desmoplastic small cell tumor with divergent differentiation,” Pediatric Pathology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 177–183, 1989.
- W. L. Gerald, M. Ladanyi, E. De Alava et al., “Clinical, pathologic, and molecular spectrum of tumors associated with t(11;22)(p13;q12): desmoplastic small round-cell tumor and its variants,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 3028–3036, 1998.
- A. Hayes-Jordan and P. M. Anderson, “The diagnosis and management of desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a review,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 385–389, 2011.
- W. L. Gerald, H. K. Miller, H. Battifora, M. Miettinen, E. G. Silva, and J. Rosai, “Intra-abdominal desmoplastic small round-cell tumor: report of 19 cases of a distinctive type of high-grade polyphenotypic malignancy affecting young individuals,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 499–513, 1991.
- M. Ladanyi and W. Gerald, “Fusion of the EWS and WT1 genes in the desmoplastic small round cell tumor,” Cancer Research, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 2837–2840, 1994.
- A. S. Chan, S. Macneill, P. Thorner, J. Squire, and M. Zielenska, “Variant EWS-WT1 chimeric product in the desmoplastic small round cell tumor,” Pediatric and Developmental Pathology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 188–192, 1999.
- E. Rodriguez, C. Sreekantaiah, W. Gerald, V. E. Reuter, R. J. Motzer, and R. S. K. Chaganti, “A recurring translocation, t(11;22)(p13;q11.2), characterizes intra- abdominal desmoplastic small round-cell tumors,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 17–21, 1993.
- R. L. Harmon and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Prognostic indicators in peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastrointestinal cancer,” International Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 2, 2005.
- A. Hayes-Jordan, H. Green, N. Fitzgerald, L. Xiao, and P. Anderson, “Novel treatment for desmoplastic small round cell tumor: hyperthermic intraperitoneal perfusion,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1000–1006, 2010.
- J. Liu, M. M. Nau, J. C. Yeh, C. J. Allegra, E. Chu, and J. J. Wright, “Molecular heterogeneity and function of EWS-WT1 fusion transcripts in desmoplastic small round cell tumors,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 3522–3529, 2000.
- J. Kim, K. Lee, and J. Pelletier, “The desmoplastic small round cell tumor t(11;22) translocation produces EWS/WT1 isoforms with differing oncogenic properties,” Oncogene, vol. 16, no. 15, pp. 1973–1979, 1998.
- A. M. J. Thijs, W. T. A. Van Der Graaf, and C. M. L. Van Herpen, “Temsirolimus for metastatic desmoplastic small round cell tumor,” Pediatric Blood and Cancer, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1431–1432, 2010.
- A. López-González, B. Cantos, E. Tejerina, and M. Provencio, “Activity of trabectidin in desmoplastic small round cell tumor,” Medical Oncology, vol. 28, supplement 1, pp. S644–S646, 2011.
- H. Mrabti, W. Kaikani, N. Ahbeddou et al., “Metastatic desmoplastic small round cell tumor controlled by an anthracycline-based regimen: review of the role of chemotherapy,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 103–109, 2012.
- R. E. Schwarz, W. L. Gerald, B. H. Kushner, D. G. Coit, M. F. Brennan, and M. P. La Quaglia, “Desmoplastic small round cell tumors: prognostic indicators and results of surgical management,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 416–422, 1998.
- D. R. Lal, W. T. Su, S. L. Wolden, K. C. Loh, S. Modak, and M. P. La Quaglia, “Results of multimodal treatment for desmoplastic small round cell tumors,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 251–255, 2005.
- C. S. Kretschmar, C. Colbach, I. Bhan, and T. M. Crombleholme, “Desmoplastic small cell tumor: a report of three cases and a review of the literature,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 293–298, 1996.
- B. H. Kushner, M. P. LaQuaglia, N. Wollner et al., “Desmoplastic small round-cell tumor: prolonged progression-free survival with aggressive multimodality therapy,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1526–1531, 1996.
- D. Aguilera, A. Hayes-Jordan, P. Anderson, S. Woo, M. Pearson, and H. Green, “Outpatient and home chemotherapy with novel local control strategies in desmoplastic small round cell tumor,” Sarcoma, vol. 2008, Article ID 261589, 9 pages, 2008.
- C. C. Pinnix, H. P. Fontanilla, A. Hayes-Jordan et al., “Whole abdominopelvic intensity-modulated radiation therapy for desmoplastic small round cell tumor after surgery,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, 2011, In press.
- V. Subbiah, R. Murthy, and P. M. Anderson, “[90Y]yttrium microspheres radioembolotherapy in desmoplastic small round cell tumor hepatic metastases,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. e292–e294, 2011.