- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 717213, 5 pages
The Toronto Extremity Salvage Score in Unoperated Controls: An Age, Gender, and Country Comparison
1Department of Orthopaedics, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
2University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
3FRCS Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
Received 4 July 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editor: Peter Choong
Copyright © 2012 Mark Clayer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. H. Lampert, L. H. Gerber, and E. Glatstein, “Soft tissue sarcoma: functional outcome after wide local excision and radiation therapy,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 477–480, 1984.
- M. H. Robinson, L. Spruce, R. Eeles et al., “Limb function following conservation treatment of adult soft tissue sarcoma,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1567–1574, 1991.
- W. Enneking, “Modification of the system for functional evaluation in the surgical management of musculoskeletal tumours,” in Limb Salvage in Musculoskeletal Oncology, W. Enneking, Ed., pp. 626–639, Churchill Livingstone, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- W. F. Enneking, W. Dunham, M. C. Gebhardt, M. Malawar, and D. J. Pritchard, “A system for the functional evaluation of reconstructive procedures after surgical treatment of tumors of the musculoskeletal system,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 286, pp. 241–246, 1993.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, I. Barofsky, S. A. Rosenberg, and F. J. Gianola, “Quality of life assessment of patients in extremity sarcoma clinical trials,” Surgery, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 17–23, 1982.
- A. M. Davis, J. G. Wright, J. I. Williams, C. Bombardier, A. Griffin, and R. S. Bell, “Development of a measure of physical function for patients with bone and soft tissue sarcoma,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 508–516, 1996.
- A. M. Davis, R. S. Bell, E. M. Badley, K. Yoshida, and J. I. Williams, “Evaluating functional outcome in patients with lower extremity sarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 358, pp. 90–100, 1999.
- World Health Organization, International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities and Handicaps, . World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1990.
- A. M. Davis, S. Sennik, A. M. Griffin et al., “Predictors of functional outcomes following limb salvage surgery for lower-extremity soft tissue sarcoma,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 206–211, 2000.
- C. H. Gerrand, J. S. Wunder, R. A. Kandel et al., “The influence of anatomic location on functional outcome in lower-extremity soft-tissue sarcoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 476–482, 2004.
- D. Schreiber, R. S. Bell, J. S. Wunder et al., “Evaluating function and health related quality of life in patients treated for extremity soft tissue sarcoma,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1439–1446, 2006.
- K. M. J. Thijssens, J. E. H. M. Hoekstra-Weebers, R. J. Van Ginkel, and H. J. Hoekstra, “Quality of life after hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion for locally advanced extremity soft tissue sarcoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 864–871, 2006.
- R. Nagarajan, R. Mogil, J. P. Neglia, L. L. Robison, and K. K. Ness, “Self-reported global function among adult survivors of childhood lower-extremity bone tumors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (CCSS),” Journal of Cancer Survivorship, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 59–65, 2009.
- M. A. Kortt and B. Dollery, “Association between body mass index and health-related quality of life among an Australian sample,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1466–1474, 2011.