- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 153640, 10 pages
Can Bone Tissue Engineering Contribute to Therapy Concepts after Resection of Musculoskeletal Sarcoma?
1Regenerative Medicine Group, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4049, Australia
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, König-Ludwig-Haus, Orthopaedic Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Würzburg, Brettreich Straße 11, 97072 Würzburg, Germany
3Department of Orthopaedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
4Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Klinikum Rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
5Experimental Trauma Surgery, Department of Trauma Surgery, Klinikum Rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
6Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, Klinikum Rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Ismaninger Straße 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
7The George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 801 Ferst Drive Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Hans Rechl
Copyright © 2013 Boris Michael Holzapfel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jan Henkel, Maria A. Woodruff, Devakara R. Epari, Roland Steck, Vaida Glatt, Ian C. Dickinson, Peter F. M. Choong, Michael A. Schuetz, and Dietmar W. Hutmacher, “Bone Regeneration Based on Tissue Engineering Conceptions — A 21st Century Perspective,” Bone Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 216–248, 2013.
- Daniela Loessner, Boris Michael Holzapfel, and Judith Ann Clements, “Engineered microenvironments provide new insights into ovarian and prostate cancer progression and drug responses,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2014.
- Boris Michael Holzapfel, Hakan Pilge, Peter Michael Prodinger, Andreas Toepfer, Susanne Mayer-Wagner, Dietmar Werner Hutmacher, Ruediger Eisenhart-Rothe, Maximilian Rudert, Reiner Gradinger, and Hans Rechl, “Customised osteotomy guides and endoprosthetic reconstruction for periacetabular tumours,” International Orthopaedics, 2014.
- Boris M. Holzapfel, Ferdinand Wagner, Daniela Loessner, Nina P. Holzapfel, Laure Thibaudeau, Ross Crawford, Ming-Tat Ling, Judith A. Clements, Pamela J. Russell, and Dietmar W. Hutmacher, “Species-specific homing mechanisms of human prostate cancer metastasis in tissue engineered bone,” Biomaterials, 2014.
- Claudia Kleinhans, Ramkumar Ramani Mohan, Gabriele Vacun, Thomas Schwarz, Barbara Haller, Yang Sun, Alexander Kahlig, Petra Kluger, Anna Finne-Wistrand, Heike Walles, and Jan Hansmann, “A perfusion bioreactor system efficiently generates cell-loaded bone substitute materials for addressing critical size bone defects,” Biotechnology Journal, 2015.
- Mohit P. Chhaya, Elizabeth R. Balmayor, Dietmar W. Hutmacher, and Jan-Thorsten Schantz, “Transformation of Breast Reconstruction via Additive Biomanufacturing,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, pp. 28030, 2016.
- Barbara Ostrowska, Andrea Di Luca, Lorenzo Moroni, and Wojciech Swieszkowski, “Influence of internal pore architecture on biological and mechanical properties of three-dimensional fiber deposited scaffolds for bone regeneration,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 991–1001, 2016.