- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 450478, 12 pages
Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 Receptor as a Therapeutic Target in Ewing Sarcoma: Lack of Consistent Upregulation or Recurrent Mutation and a Review of the Clinical Trial Literature
1Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
2Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Boston Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue Boston, MA 02115, USA
3Department of Pathology and Human Oncology & Pathogenesis Program, Room S-801, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue New York, NY 10065, USA
4Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
5Division of Pediatric Oncology, Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Received 27 July 2012; Revised 5 December 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Academic Editor: Maria Tsokos
Copyright © 2013 Alison O'Neill et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Pushpendra Singh, Jimi Marin Alex, and Felix Bast, “Insulin receptor (IR) and insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 (IGF-1R) signaling systems: novel treatment strategies for cancer,” Medical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 1, 2013.
- Alberto S. Pappo, Gilles Vassal, John J. Crowley, Vanessa Bolejack, Pancras C. W. Hogendoorn, Rashmi Chugh, Marc Ladanyi, Joseph F. Grippo, Georgina Dall, Arthur P. Staddon, Sant P. Chawla, Robert G. Maki, Dejka M. Araujo, Birgit Geoerger, Kristen Ganjoo, Neyssa Marina, Jean-Yves Blay, Scott M. Schuetze, Warren A. Chow, and Lee J. Helman, “A Phase 2 Trial of R1507, a Monoclonal Antibody to the Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Receptor (IGF-1R), in Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Rhabdomyosarcoma, Osteosarcoma, Synovial Sarcoma, and Other Soft Tissue Sarcomas Results of a Sarcoma Alliance for Research Through Collaboration Study,” Cancer, vol. 120, no. 16, pp. 2448–2456, 2014.
- Aranzazu Villasante, Alessandro Marturano-Kruik, and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, “Bioengineered human tumor within a bone niche,” Biomaterials, 2014.
- Emmy D.G. Fleuren, Yvonne M.H. Versleijen-Jonkers, Otto C. Boerman, and Winette T.A. van der Graaf, “Targeting receptor tyrosine kinases in osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma: Current hurdles and future perspectives,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, 2014.
- Stefano Radaelli, Sivia Stacchiotti, Paolo G Casali, and Alessandro Gronchi, “Emerging therapies for adult soft tissue sarcoma,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, pp. 1–16, 2014.
- Mukund Patel, Nicholas C. Gomez, Andrew W. McFadden, Billie M. Moats-Staats, Sam Wu, Andres Rojas, Travis Sapp, Jeremy M. Simon, Scott V. Smith, Kathleen Kaiser-Rogers, and Ian J. Davis, “PTEN Deficiency Mediates a Reciprocal Response to IGFI and mTOR Inhibition,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 1610–1620, 2014.
- Atif A. Ahmed, Hamid Zia, and Lars Wagner, “Therapy resistance mechanisms in Ewing’s sarcoma family tumors,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 2014.
- Ana Teresa Amaral, Jose Luis Ordonez, Ana Pastora Otero-Motta, Daniel J. Garcia-Dominguez, and Maria Victoria Sevillano, “Innovative Therapies in Ewing Sarcoma,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 44–62, 2014.
- Jayasree S. Nair, and Gary K. Schwartz, “Inhibition of polo like kinase 1 in sarcomas induces apoptosis that is dependent on Mcl-1 suppression,” Cell Cycle, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Annemiek M. van Maldegem, Judith V.M.G. Bovée, Elleke F.P. Peterse, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn, and Hans Gelderblom, “Ewing sarcoma: The clinical relevance of the insulin-like growth factor 1 and the poly-ADP-ribose-polymerase pathway,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 53, pp. 171–180, 2016.