- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 480713, 11 pages
Rapamycin Inhibits ALDH Activity, Resistance to Oxidative Stress, and Metastatic Potential in Murine Osteosarcoma Cells
1Stem Cell Research Center, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Bridgeside Point II, 450 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Bridgeside Point II, 450 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Received 13 September 2012; Revised 4 December 2012; Accepted 22 December 2012
Academic Editor: Norman Jaffe
Copyright © 2013 Xiaodong Mu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiaodong Mu, Bolat Sultankulov, Riddhima Agarwal, Adel Mahjoub, Trevor Schott, Nicholas Greco, Johnny Huard, and Kurt Weiss, “Chick Embryo Extract Demethylates Tumor Suppressor Genes in Osteosarcoma Cells,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2013.
- Christopher G. Kanakry, Sudipto Ganguly, Marianna Zahurak, Javier Bolanos-Meade, Christopher Thoburn, Brandy Perkins, Ephraim J. Fuchs, Richard J. Jones, Allan D. Hess, and Leo Luznik, “Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Expression Drives Human Regulatory T Cell Resistance to Posttransplantation Cyclophosphamide,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 5, no. 211, 2013.
- Monica Cojoc, Katrin Mäbert, Michael H. Muders, and Anna Dubrovska, “A role for cancer stem cells in therapy resistance: cellular and molecular mechanisms,” Seminars in Cancer Biology, 2014.
- Hui Wang, Zhiyun Du, Changyuan Zhang, Zhikai Tang, Yan He, Qiuyan Zhang, Jun Zhao, and Xi Zheng, “Biological Evaluation and 3D-QSAR Studies of Curcumin Analogues as Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 1 Inhibitors,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 8795–8807, 2014.
- Hongtao He, Jiangdong Ni, and Jun Huang, “Molecular mechanisms of chemoresistance in osteosarcoma,” Oncology Letters, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 1352–1362, 2014.
- Emmy D.G. Fleuren, Yvonne M.H. Versleijen-Jonkers, Melissa H.S. Roeffen, Gerben M. Franssen, Uta E. Flucke, Peter J. Houghton, Wim J.G. Oyen, Otto C. Boerman, and Winette T.A. van der Graaf, “Temsirolimus combined with cisplatin or bevacizumab is active in osteosarcoma models,” International Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- Rui Guo, Xihui Xu, Sara A. Babcock, Yingmei Zhang, and Jun Ren, “Aldehyde dedydrogenase-2 plays a beneficial role in ameliorating chronic alcohol-induced hepatic steatosis and inflammation through regulation of autophagy,” Journal of Hepatology, 2014.
- Nicholas Greco, Trevor Schott, Xiaodong Mu, Adam Rothenberg, Clifford Voigt, Richard L. McGough III, Mark Goodman, Johnny Huard, and Kurt R. Weiss, “ALDH Activity Correlates with Metastatic Potential in Primary Sarcomas of Bone,” Journal of Cancer Therapy, vol. 05, no. 04, pp. 331–338, 2014.
- Jian Zhang, Xiao-Hua Yu, Yi-Guo Yan, Cheng Wang, and Wen-Jun Wang, “PI3K/Akt signaling in osteosarcoma,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2015.
- Xiaodong Mu, Daniel Brynien, and Kurt R. Weiss, “ The HDAC Inhibitor Vorinostat Diminishes the In Vitro Metastatic Behavior of Osteosarcoma Cells ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–6, 2015.