- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 505321, 6 pages
Dedifferentiated Peripheral Chondrosarcoma: A Review of Radiologic Characteristics
1Orthopaedic Oncology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
2Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, 40136 Bologna, Italy
3University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Received 24 December 2012; Accepted 24 February 2013
Academic Editor: G. Letson
Copyright © 2013 Eric R. Henderson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. D. Dickey, P. S. Rose, B. Fuchs et al., “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma: the role of chemotherapy with updated outcomes,” The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, vol. 86, no. 11, pp. 2412–2418, 2004.
- E. L. Staals, P. Bacchini, and F. Bertoni, “De-differentiated central chondrosarcoma,” Cancer, vol. 106, no. 12, pp. 2682–2691, 2006.
- F. J. Frassica, K. K. Unni, J. W. Beabout, and F. H. Sim, “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma. A report of the clinicopathological features and treatment of seventy-eight cases,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 1197–1205, 1986.
- D. C. Dahlin and J. W. Beabout, “De-differentiation of low-grade chondrosarcomas,” Cancer, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 461–466, 1971.
- R. Capanna, F. Bertoni, G. Bettelli et al., “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 1988.
- F. Bertoni, D. Present, P. Bacchini et al., “De-differentiated peripheral chondrosarcomas. A report of seven cases,” Cancer, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 2054–2059, 1989.
- E. L. Staals, P. Bacchini, M. Mercuri, and F. Bertoni, “De-differentiated chondrosarcomas arising in preexisting osteochondromas,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 987–993, 2007.
- Y. K. Park, M. H. Yang, K. N. Ryu, and D. W. Chung, “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma arising in an osteochondroma,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 617–619, 1995.
- R. N. Astorino and H. Tesluk, “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma with a rhabdomyosarcomatous component,” Human Pathology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 318–320, 1985.
- G. E. Bennett and G. A. Berkheimer, “Malignant degeneration in a case of multiple benign exostoses with a brief review of the literature,” Surgery, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 781–792, 1941.
- A. P. Dekker and R. J. Grimer, “Transformation of solitary osteochondroma to de-differentiated chondrosarcoma arising in the distal radius: a case report,” Musculoskeletal Surgery, 2012.
- A. Franchi, G. Baroni, I. Sardi, L. Giunti, R. Capanna, and D. Campanacci, “De-differentiated peripheral chondrosarcoma: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of four cases,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 460, no. 3, pp. 335–342, 2012.
- R. C. Garrison, K. K. Unni, and R. A. McLeod, “Chondrosarcoma arising in osteochondroma,” Cancer, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1890–1897, 1982.
- R. J. Grimer, M. R. K. Karpinski, and A. N. Edwards, “The long-term results of Stanmore total knee replacements,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, British Volume, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 55–62, 1984.
- S. E. Kilpatrick, E. J. Pike, W. G. Ward, and T. L. Pope, “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma in patients with multiple osteochondromatosis: report of a case and review of the literature,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 370–374, 1997.
- L. A. Littrell, D. E. Wenger, L. E. Wold et al., “Radiographic, CT, and MR imaging features of De-differentiated chondrosarcomas: a retrospective review of 174 De Novo cases,” Radiographics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1397–1409, 2004.
- H. A. Sissons, “Case report 83,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 257–260, 1979.
- S. A. Voutsinas, “Spindle-cell sarcoma in patients who have osteochondromatosis. A report of two cases,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume, vol. 70, no. 9, p. 1430, 1988.
- M. Mercuri and L. Campanacci, “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 409–416, 1995.
- R. L. Anderson, L. Popowitz, and J. K. Li, “An unusual sarcoma arising in a solitary osteochondroma,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1199–1204, 1969.
- K. L. Rafferty and C. B. Ruff, “Articular structure and function in Hylobates, Colobus, and Papio,” American Journal of Physical Anthropology, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 395–408, 1994.
- J. S. Wu, B. T. Darras, and S. B. Rutkove, “Assessing spinal muscular atrophy with quantitative ultrasound,” Neurology, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 526–531, 2010.
- M. D. Murphey, D. J. Flemming, S. R. Boyea, J. A. Bojescul, D. E. Sweet, and H. T. Temple, “Enchondroma versus chondrosarcoma in the appendicular skeleton: differentiating features,” Radiographics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1213–1237, 1998.
- P. I. J. M. Wuisman, P. C. Jutte, and T. Ozaki, “Secondary chondrosarcoma in osteochondromas. Medullary extension in 15 of 45 cases,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 396–400, 1997.
- A. R. Ahmed, T. S. Tan, K. K. Unni, M. S. Collins, D. E. Wenger, and F. H. Sim, “Secondary chondrosarcoma in osteochondroma: report of 107 patients,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 411, pp. 193–206, 2003.
- M. Altay, K. Bayrakci, Y. Yildiz, S. Erekul, and Y. Saglik, “Secondary chondrosarcoma in cartilage bone tumors: report of 32 patients,” Journal of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 415–423, 2007.
- S. Johnson, B. Têtu, A. G. Ayala, and S. P. Chawla, “Chondrosarcoma with additional mesenchymal component (De-differentiated chondrosarcoma): I. A clinicopathologic study of 26 cases,” Cancer, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 278–286, 1986.
- R. J. Grimer, G. Gosheger, A. Taminiau et al., “De-differentiated chondrosarcoma: prognostic factors and outcome from a European group,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 43, no. 14, pp. 2060–2065, 2007.