- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 524395, 5 pages
Three-Dimensional Virtual Bone Bank System Workflow for Structural Bone Allograft Selection: A Technical Report
1Virtual Planning and Navigation Unit, Department of Health Informatics, Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires, 1199 Buenos Aires, Argentina
2Institute of Orthopedics “Carlos E. Ottolenghi”, Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires, Potosí 4247, 1199 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Received 15 February 2013; Accepted 19 March 2013
Academic Editor: Andreas Leithner
Copyright © 2013 Lucas Eduardo Ritacco et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, L. A. Aponte Tinao, and M. Ranalletta, “Distal femur osteoarticular allograft reconstruction after grade III open fractures in pediatric patients,” Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 312–315, 2004.
- H. J. Mankin, M. C. Gebhardt, L. C. Jennings, D. S. Springfield, and W. W. Tomford, “Long-term results of allograft replacement in the management of bone tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 324, pp. 86–97, 1996.
- H. J. Mankin, M. C. Gebhardt, and W. W. Tomford, “The use of frozen cadaveric allografts in the management of patients with bone tumors of the extremities,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 275–289, 1987.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, L. A. Aponte-Tinao, and M. Ranalletta, “Partial epiphyseal preservation and intercalary allograft reconstruction in high-grade metaphyseal osteosarcoma of the knee,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 87, supplement 1, part 2, pp. 226–236, 2005.
- C. E. Ottolenghi, “Massive osteoarticular bone grafts. Transplant of the whole femur,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, British, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 646–659, 1966.
- K. S. Conn, M. T. Clarke, and J. P. Hallett, “A simple guide to determine the magnification of radiographs and to improve the accuracy of preoperative templating,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, British, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 269–272, 2002.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, L. A. Aponte-Tinao, and M. Ranalletta, “Use of distal femoral osteoarticular allografts in limb salvage surgery. Surgical technique,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 88, supplement 1, part 2, pp. 305–321, 2006.
- E. Y. Chao, P. Barrance, E. Genda, N. Iwasaki, S. Kato, and A. Faust, “Virtual reality (VR) techniques in orthopaedic research and practice,” Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 39, pp. 107–114, 1997.
- D. Cheong and G. D. Letson, “Computer-assisted navigation and musculoskeletal sarcoma surgery,” Cancer Control, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 171–176, 2011.
- M. Robiony, I. Salvo, F. Costa et al., “Accuracy of virtual reality and stereolithographic models in maxillo-facial surgical planning,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 482–489, 2008.
- L. Paul, P. L. Docquier, O. Cartiaux, O. Cornu, C. Delloye, and X. Banse, “Selection of massive bone allografts using shape-matching 3-dimensional registration,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 252–257, 2010.
- L. E. Ritacco, A. A. Espinoza Orías, L. Aponte-Tinao, D. L. Muscolo, F. G. de Quirós, and I. Nozomu, “Three-dimensional morphometric analysis of the distal femur: a validity method for allograft selection using a virtual bone bank,” Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 160, part 2, pp. 1287–1290, 2010.
- L. Paul, P. L. Docquier, O. Cartiaux, O. Cornu, C. Delloye, and X. Banse, “Inaccuracy in selection of massive bone allograft using template comparison method,” Cell and Tissue Banking, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 2008.
- H. Bou Sleiman, L. Paul, L.-P. Nolte, and M. Reyes, “Comparative evaluation of pelvic allograft selection methods,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2013.
- H. Bou Sleiman, L. E. Ritacco, L. Aponte-Tinao, D. L. Muscolo, L. P. Nolte, and M. Reyes, “Allograft selection for transepiphyseal tumor resection around the knee using three-dimensional surface registration,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1720–1727, 2011.
- L. E. Ritacco, C. Seiler, G. L. Farfalli, et al., “Validity of an automatic measure protocol in distal femur for allograft selection from a three-dimensional virtual bone bank system,” Cell and Tissue Banking, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- W. F. Enneking and D. A. Campanacci, “Retrieved human allografts. A clinicopathological study,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 971–986, 2001.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, and L. A. Aponte-Tinao, “Survivorship and radiographic analysis of knee osteoarticular allografts,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 373, pp. 73–79, 2000.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, L. A. Aponte-Tinao, and M. Ranalletta, “Use of distal femoral osteoarticular allografts in limb salvage surgery,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 2449–2455, 2005.