- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 548628, 6 pages
Metastatic Pattern, Local Relapse, and Survival of Patients with Myxoid Liposarcoma: A Retrospective Study of 45 Patients
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
2Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
3Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Received 8 January 2013; Accepted 30 May 2013
Academic Editor: Akira Kawai
Copyright © 2013 Hanna M. Fuglø et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, A. Rydholm, S. Singer, M. Sundaram, and J. M. Coindre, “Soft tissue tumours: epidemiology, clinical features, histopathological typing and grading,” in WHO Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Soft Tissue and Bone, C. D. M. Fletcher, K. K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Eds., pp. 12–18, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- F. Ducimetière, A. Lurkin, D. Ranchère-Vince et al., “Incidence of sarcoma histotypes and molecular subtypes in a prospective epidemiological study with central pathology review and molecular testing,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 8, article e20294, 2011.
- S. Daugaard, “Current soft-tissue sarcoma classifications,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 543–548, 2004.
- C. Antonescu and M. Ladanyi, “Myxoid liposarcomaeds,” in World Health Organisation of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone, C. D. M. Fletcher, K. K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Eds., pp. 40–43, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- K. Engström, “Clinical and molecular studies of liposarcoma,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 80, supplement 334, pp. 24–30, 2009.
- K. M. Skubitz and D. R. D'Adamo, “Sarcoma,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1409–1432, 2007.
- P. G. Casali and J.-Y. Blay, “Soft tissue sarcomas: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. v198–v203, 2010.
- R. Grimer, I. Judson, D. Peake, and B. Seddon, “Guidelines for the management of soft tissue sarcomas,” Sarcoma, vol. 2010, Article ID 506182, 2010.
- S. Sinha and A. H. S. Peach, “Diagnosis and management of soft tissue sarcoma,” BMJ, vol. 341, article c7170, 2010.
- M. Fiore, F. Grosso, S. Lo Vullo et al., “Myxoid/round cell and pleomorphic liposarcomas: prognostic factors and survival in a series of patients treated at a single institution,” Cancer, vol. 109, no. 12, pp. 2522–2531, 2007.
- D. B. Pearlstone, P. W. Pisters, R. J. Bold et al., “Patterns of recurrence in extremity liposarcoma: implications for staging and follow-up,” Cancer, vol. 85, pp. 85–92, 1999.
- S. H. Estourgie, G. P. Nielsen, and M. J. Ott, “Metastatic patterns of extremity myxoid liposarcoma and their outcome,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 2002.
- A. J. Spillane, C. Fisher, and J. M. Thomas, “Myxoid liposarcoma—the frequency and the natural history of nonpulmonary soft tissue metastases,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 389–394, 1999.
- B. A. Guadagnolo, G. K. Zagars, M. T. Ballo et al., “Excellent local control rates and distinctive patterns of failure in myxoid liposarcoma treated with conservation surgery and radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 760–765, 2008.
- S. E. ten Heuvel, H. J. Hoekstra, R. J. van Ginkel, E. Bastiaannet, and A. J. H. Suurmeijer, “Clinicopathologic prognostic factors in myxoid liposarcoma: a retrospective study of 49 patients with long-term follow-up,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 222–229, 2007.
- J. Haniball, V. P. Sumathi, L.-G. Kindblom et al., “Prognostic factors and metastatic patterns in primary myxoid/round-cell liposarcoma,” Sarcoma, vol. 2011, Article ID 538085, 2011.
- N. Asano, M. Susa, S. Hosaka et al., “Metastatic patterns of myxoid/round cell liposarcoma: a review of a 25-year experience,” Sarcoma, vol. 2012, Article ID 345161, 2012.
- Y. Nishida, S. Tsukushi, H. Nakashima, and N. Ishiguro, “Clinicopathologic prognostic factors of pure myxoid liposarcoma of the extremities and trunk wall,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 468, no. 11, pp. 3041–3046, 2010.
- W. F. Enneking, S. S. Spanier, and M. Goodman, “A system for the surgical staging of musculoskeletal sarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 153, pp. 106–120, 1980.
- K. Sheah, H. A. Ouellette, M. Torriani, G. P. Nielsen, S. Kattapuram, and M. A. Bredella, “Metastatic myxoid liposarcomas: imaging and histopathologic findings,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 251–258, 2008.
- C. S. Trovik, “Local recurrence of soft tissue sarcoma: a Scandinavian sarcoma group project,” Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica, vol. 72, supplement 300, pp. 1–31, 2001.