- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 787653, 7 pages
Surgical Guides (Patient-Specific Instruments) for Pediatric Tibial Bone Sarcoma Resection and Allograft Reconstruction
1Computer-Assisted Robotic Surgery (CARS), Institut de Recherche Experimentale et Clinique (IREC),
Tour Pasteur +4, Avenue Mounier 53, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
2Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc, (Université Catholique de Louvain), Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Received 21 October 2012; Revised 19 January 2013; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Hans Rechl
Copyright © 2013 Laura Bellanova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Winkler, S. Bielack, B. Kempf-Bielack et al., “Neoadjuvant therapy for localized extremity osteosarcoma. Experience of the Cooperative Osteosarcoma Study Group COSS with 925 patients,” Klinische Padiatrie, vol. 211, no. 4, pp. 260–270, 1999.
- M. Paulussen, S. Ahrens, J. Dunst et al., “Localized Ewing tumor of bone: final results of the Cooperative Ewing's Sarcoma Study CESS 86,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1818–1829, 2001.
- R. J. Grimer, “Surgical options for children with osteosarcoma,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 85–92, 2005.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, L. A. Aponte-Tinao, and M. Ranalletta, “Use of distal femoral osteoarticular allografts in limb salvage surgery. Surgical technique,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 88, supplement 1, part 2, pp. 305–321, 2006.
- P. F. Choong and F. H. Sim, “Limb-sparing surgery for bone tumors: new developments,” Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 64–69, 1997.
- B. E. Brigman, F. J. Hornicek, M. C. Gebhardt, and H. J. Mankin, “Allografts about the knee in young patients with high-grade sarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 421, pp. 232–239, 2004.
- D. L. Muscolo, M. A. Ayerza, and L. A. Aponte-Tinao, “Massive allograft use in orthopedic oncology,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2006.
- M. C. Gebhardt, D. I. Flugstad, D. S. Springfield, and H. J. Mankin, “The use of bone allografts for limb salvage in high-grade extremity osteosarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 270, pp. 181–196, 1991.
- E. W. Brien, R. M. Terek, J. H. Healey, and J. M. Lane, “Allograft reconstruction after proximal tibial resection for bone tumors: an analysis of function and outcome comparing allograft and prosthetic reconstructions,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 303, pp. 116–127, 1994.
- D. Donati, M. di Liddo, M. Zavatta et al., “Massive bone allograft reconstruction in high-grade osteosarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 377, pp. 186–194, 2000.
- B. A. Alman, A. de Bari, and J. I. Krajbich, “Massive allografts in the treatment of osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma in children and adolescents,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 54–64, 1995.
- S. Gitelis, D. Heligman, G. Quill, and P. Piasecki, “The use of large allografts for tumor reconstruction and salvage of the failed total hip arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 231, pp. 62–70, 1988.
- K. Radermacher, F. Portheine, M. Anton et al., “Computer assisted orthopaedic surgery with image based individual templates,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 354, pp. 28–38, 1998.
- F. Salako, C.-E. Aubin, C. Fortin, and H. Labelle, “Feasibility study of patient-specific surgical templates for the fixation of pedicle screws,” Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 88, pp. 419–422, 2002.
- C. Leiggener, E. Messo, A. Thor, H.-F. Zeilhofer, and J.-M. Hirsch, “A selective laser sintering guide for transferring a virtual plan to real time surgery in composite mandibular reconstruction with free fibula osseous flaps,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 2009.
- A. Modabber, C. Legros, M. Rana, M. Gerressen, D. Riediger, and A. Ghassemi, “Evaluation of computer-assisted jaw reconstruction with free vascularized fibular flap compared to conventional surgery: a clinical pilot study,” International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 215–220, 2012.
- Y. Z. Zhang, S. Lu, B. Chen, J. M. Zhao, R. Liu, and G. X. Pei, “Application of computer-aided design osteotomy template for treatment of cubitus varus deformity in teenagers: a pilot study,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2011.
- T. Murase, K. Oka, H. Moritomo, A. Goto, H. Yoshikawa, and K. Sugamoto, “Three-dimensional corrective osteotomy of malunited fractures of the upper extremity with use of a computer simulation system,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 2375–2389, 2008.
- P. A. Yushkevich, J. Piven, H. C. Hazlett et al., “User-guided 3D active contour segmentation of anatomical structures: significantly improved efficiency and reliability,” NeuroImage, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 1116–1128, 2006.
- W. Mnaymneh, T. I. Malinin, R. D. Lackman, F. J. Hornicek, and L. Ghandur-Mnaymneh, “Massive distal femoral osteoarticular allografts after resection of bone tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 303, pp. 103–115, 1994.
- S. Stevenson, S. E. Emery, and V. M. Goldberg, “Factors affecting bone graft incorporation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 324, pp. 66–74, 1996.