- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 826432, 2 pages
Recent Developments in the Surgical Treatment of Bone Tumors and Their Impact on Quality of Life
1Department of Orthopaedics, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
2Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
3The Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Science (NDORMS), University of Oxford, UK
4Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Received 9 May 2013; Accepted 9 May 2013
Copyright © 2013 Andreas F. Mavrogenis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. M. Holzapfel, H. Pilge, A. Toepfer et al., “Proximal tibial replacement and alloplastic reconstruction of the extensor mechanism after bone tumor resection,” Operative Orthopadie und Traumatologie, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 247–262, 2012.
- B. M. Holzapfel, J. C. Reichert, J. T. Schantz et al., “How smart do biomaterials need to be? A translational science and clinical point of view,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 581–603, 2013.
- R. Langer and J. P. Vacanti, “Tissue engineering,” Science, vol. 260, no. 5110, pp. 920–926, 1993.
- B. McGrath, M. Higgins, and W. M. Mihalko, “Effect of end-cutting intramedullary reamers on host-allograft contact area,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 939–940, 2005.
- J. B. Stiehl and D. A. Heck, “Computer-assisted surgery: basic concepts,” Instructional Course Lectures, vol. 57, pp. 689–697, 2008.
- K. Reijnders, M. H. Coppes, A. L. J. van Hulzen, J. P. Gravendeel, R. J. van Ginkel, and H. J. Hoekstra, “Image guided surgery: new technology for surgery of soft tissue and bone sarcomas,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 390–398, 2007.
- E. L. Staals, P. Bacchini, and F. Bertoni, “Dedifferentiated central chondrosarcoma,” Cancer, vol. 106, no. 12, pp. 2682–2691, 2006.
- M. Mercuri and L. Campanacci, “Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 409–416, 1995.
- R. L. Anderson, L. Popowitz, and J. K. Li, “An unusual sarcoma arising in a solitary osteochondroma,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1199–1204, 1969.
- K. Ludwig, “Tumors of the foot skeleton,” Radiologe, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 240–249, 2007.
- K. Pollandt, M. Werner, and G. Delling, “Tumors of the bones of the feet—a report from the Hamburg bone tumor registry,” Zeitschrift fur Orthopadie und Ihre Grenzgebiete, vol. 141, no. 4, pp. 445–451, 2003.
- T. Zeytoonjian, H. J. Mankin, M. C. Gebhardt, and F. J. Hornicek, “Distal lower extremity sarcomas: frequency of occurrence and patient survival rate,” Foot and Ankle International, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 325–330, 2004.
- R. Casadei, A. Ferraro, A. Ferruzzi, R. Biagini, and P. Ruggieri, “Bone tumors of the foot: epidemiology and diagnosis,” La Chirurgia Degli Organi di Movimento, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 47–62, 1991.
- R. J. Grimer, “Surgical options for children with osteosarcoma,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 85–92, 2005.
- B. E. Brigman, F. J. Hornicek, M. C. Gebhardt, and H. J. Mankin, “Allografts about the knee in young patients with high-grade sarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 421, pp. 232–239, 2004.