- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 868973, 6 pages
Clinical Activity and Tolerability of a 14-Day Infusional Ifosfamide Schedule in Soft-Tissue Sarcoma
1Sarcoma Unit, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
2Department of Histopathology, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road , London SW3 6JJ, UK
3Department of Statistics, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Downs Road, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
4Department of Radiodiagnostics, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
5Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO), Clinical Research Programme, 3 Melchor Fernandez Almagro, 28029 Madrid, Spain
6Department of Pharmacy, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Received 24 September 2013; Revised 16 October 2013; Accepted 17 October 2013
Academic Editor: Shreyaskumar Patel
Copyright © 2013 Juan Martin-Liberal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. van Glabbeke, A. T. Van Oosterom, J. W. Oosterhuis et al., “Prognostic factors for the outcome of chemotherapy in advanced soft tissue sarcoma: an analysis of 2,185 patients treated with anthracycline- containing first-line regimens—a European organization for research and treatment of cancer soft tissue and bone sarcoma group study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 150–157, 1999.
- A. T. van Oosterom, H. T. Mouridsen, O. S. Nielsen et al., “Results of randomised studies of the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (STBSG) with two different ifosfamide regimens in first- and second-line chemotherapy in advanced soft tissue sarcoma patients,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 38, no. 18, pp. 2397–2406, 2002.
- M. Leahy, X. Garcia Del Muro, P. Reichardt, I. Judson, A. Staddon, and J. Verweij, “Chemotherapy treatment patterns and clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma. The SArcoma treatment and Burden of Illness in North America and Europe (SABINE) study,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 2763–2770, 2012.
- R. L. Jones, C. Fisher, O. Al-Muderis, and I. R. Judson, “Differential sensitivity of liposarcoma subtypes to chemotherapy,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 41, no. 18, pp. 2853–2860, 2005.
- S. J. Neuhaus, P. Barry, M. A. Clark, A. J. Hayes, C. Fisher, and J. M. Thomas, “Surgical management of primary recurrent liposarcoma,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 246–252, 2005.
- A. M. Crago and S. Singer, “Clinical and molecular approaches to well differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcoma,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 373–378, 2011.
- B. L. Samuels, S. Chawla, S. Patel, M. von Mehren, J. Hamm, and P. E. Kaiser, “Clinical outcomes and safety with trabectedin therapy in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas following failure of prior chemotherapy: results of a worldwide expanded access program study,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1703–1709, 2013.
- S. Sleijfer, M. Ouali, M. van Glabbeke et al., “Prognostic and predictive factors for outcome to first-line ifosfamide-containing chemotherapy for adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas. An exploratory, retrospective analysis on large series from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (EORTC-STBSG),” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 72–83, 2010.
- I. Judson, W. van der Graaf, J. Verweij, et al., “Results of a randomised phase III trial (EORTC 2012) of single agent doxorubicin versus doxorubicin plus ifosfamide as first line chemotherapy for patients with advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: a survival study by the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group [Abstract LBA7],” in Proceedings of the ESMO Annual Meeting.
- P. Lorigan, J. Verweij, Z. Papai et al., “Phase III trial of two investigational schedules of ifosfamide compared with standard-dose doxorubicin in advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: a European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 21, pp. 3144–3150, 2007.
- A. V. Boddy, S. M. Yule, R. Wyllie, L. Price, A. D. J. Pearson, and J. R. Idle, “Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of ifosfamide administered as a continuous infusion in children,” Cancer Research, vol. 53, no. 16, pp. 3758–3764, 1993.
- C. Meazza, M. Casanova, R. Luksch et al., “Prolonged 14-day continuous infusion of high-dose ifosfamide with an external portable pump: feasibility and efficacy in refractory pediatric sarcoma,” Pediatric Blood and Cancer, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 617–620, 2010.
- J. A. Radford, J. M. Margison, R. Swindell, M. J. Lind, P. M. Wilkinson, and N. Thatcher, “The stability of ifosfamide in aqueous solution and its suitability for continuous 7-day infusion by ambulatory pump,” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, vol. 117, no. 4, pp. 154–156, 1991.
- R. S. Benjamin, S. S. Legha, S. R. Patel, and C. Nicaise, “Single-agent ifosfamide studies in sarcomas of soft tissue and bone. The M.D. Anderson Experience,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 31, supplement, no. 2, pp. S174–S179, 1993.
- L. Leone, A. Comandone, C. Oliva et al., “Stability of ifosfamide in solutions for multiday infusion by external pump,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 604–607, 1995.
- C. D. Fletcher and F. Mertens, Eds., WHO Classification of Tumour: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- E. A. Eisenhauer, P. Therasse, J. Bogaerts et al., “New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1),” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 228–247, 2009.
- R. Wolbold, K. Klein, O. Burk et al., “Sex is a major determinant of CYP3A4 expression in human liver,” Hepatology, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 978–988, 2003.
- R. Schmidt, F. Baumann, H. Hanschmann, F. Geissler, and R. Preiss, “Gender difference in ifosfamide metabolism by human liver microsomes,” European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 193–200, 2001.
- A. Constantinidou and R. L. Jones, “Ifosfamide re-challenge in soft-tissue sarcoma,” in Proceedings of the 16th Annual Meeting Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS '10), 2010.
- I. Ray-Coquard, J. Y. Blay, A. Italiano, A. Le Cesne, N. Penel, and J. Zhi, “Effect of the MDM2 antagonist RG7112 on the P53 pathway in patients with MDM2-amplified, well-differentiated or dedifferentiated liposarcoma: an exploratory proof-of-mechanism study,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1133–1140, 2012.
- M. A. Dickson, W. D. Tap, M. L. Keohan, et al., “Phase II trial of the CDK4 inhibitor PD0332991 in patients with advanced CDK4-amplified well-differentiated or dedifferentiated liposarcoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 16, pp. 2024–2028, 2013.