- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 925413, 6 pages
Allograft Reconstruction for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Tumors of the Upper Extremity
Institute of Orthopedics “Carlos E. Ottolenghi,” Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires, 1199 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Received 9 October 2012; Revised 26 December 2012; Accepted 18 January 2013
Academic Editor: Andreas Leithner
Copyright © 2013 Luis A. Aponte-Tinao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. C. Gebhardt, Y. F. Roth, and H. J. Mankin, “Osteoarticular allografts for reconstruction in the proximal part of the humerus after excision of a musculoskeletal tumor,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 334–345, 1990.
- H. DeGroot, D. Donati, M. D. Di Liddo, E. Gozzi, and M. Mercuri, “The use of cement in osteoarticular allografts for proximal humeral bone tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 427, pp. 190–197, 2004.
- M. I. O'Connor, F. H. Sim, and E. Y. S. Chao, “Limb salvage for neoplasms of the shoulder girdle: intermediate reconstructive and functional results,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 1872–1888, 1996.
- P. J. Getty and T. D. Peabody, “Complications and functional outcomes of reconstruction with an osteoarticular allograft after intra-articular resection of the proximal aspect of the humerus,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 1138–1146, 1999.
- R. W. Rödl, G. Gosheger, C. Gebert, N. Lindner, T. Ozaki, and W. Winkelmann, “Reconstruction of the proximal humerus after wide resection of tumours,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series B, vol. 84, no. 7, pp. 1004–1008, 2002.
- Q. Yang, J. Li, Z. Yang, X. Li, and Z. Li, “Limb sparing surgery for bone tumours of the shoulder girdle: the oncological and functional results,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 869–875, 2010.
- M. A. J. van de Sande, P. D. Dijkstra, and A. H. M. Taminiau, “Proximal humerus reconstruction after tumour resection: biological versus endoprosthetic reconstruction,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1375–1380, 2011.
- A. Abdeen, B. H. Hoang, E. A. Athanasian, C. D. Morris, P. J. Boland, and J. H. Healey, “Allograft-prosthesis composite reconstruction of the proximal part of the humerus. Functional outcome and survivorship,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 2406–2415, 2009.
- A. W. Black, R. M. Szabo, and R. M. Titelman, “Treatment of malignant tumors of the proximal humerus with allograft-prosthesis composite reconstruction,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 525–533, 2007.
- P. Ruggieri, A. F. Mavrogenis, G. Guerra, and M. Mercuri, “Preliminary results after reconstruction of bony defects of the proximal humerus with an allograft-resurfacing composite,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series B, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 1098–1103, 2011.
- F. D. Kharrazi, B. T. Busfield, D. S. Khorshad, F. J. Hornicek, and H. J. Mankin, “Osteoarticular and total elbow allograft reconstruction with severe bone loss,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 466, no. 1, pp. 205–209, 2008.
- K. L. Weber, P. P. Lin, and A. W. Yasko, “Complex segmental elbow reconstruction after tumor resection,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 415, pp. 31–44, 2003.
- M. S. Kocher, M. C. Gebhardt, and H. J. Mankin, “Reconstruction of the distal aspect of the radius with use of an osteoarticular allograft after excision of a skeletal tumor,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 407–419, 1998.
- G. Bianchi, D. Donati, E. L. Staals, and M. Mercuri, “Osteoarticular allograft reconstruction of the distal radius after bone tumour resection,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 369–373, 2005.
- R. M. Szabo, K. A. Anderson, and J. L. Chen, “Functional outcome of en bloc excision and osteoarticular allograft replacement with the Sauve-Kapandji procedure for Campanacci grade 3 giant-cell tumor of the distal radius,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 1340–1348, 2006.
- W. F. Enneking, W. Dunham, M. C. Gebhardt, M. Malawar, and D. J. Pritchard, “A system for the functional evaluation of reconstructive procedures after surgical treatment of tumors of the musculoskeletal system,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 286, pp. 241–246, 1993.
- P. A. Clavien, J. Barkun, M. L. De Oliveira et al., “The clavien-dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 250, no. 2, pp. 187–196, 2009.
- T. van Isacker, O. Barbier, A. Traore, O. Cornu, F. Mazzeo, and C. Delloye, “Forearm reconstruction with bone allograft following tumor excision: a series of 10 patients with a mean follow-up of 10 years,” Orthopaedics and Traumatology, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. 793–799, 2011.