- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 947413, 13 pages
Costs Associated with Intravenous Cancer Therapy Administration in Patients with Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma in a US Population
1Analysis Group, Inc., 111 Huntington Avenue, Tenth Floor, Boston, MA 02199, USA
2GlaxoSmithKline, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
3University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
4Bruce Wong and Associates, Inc., Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Received 12 June 2013; Accepted 25 November 2013
Academic Editor: Luca Sangiorgi
Copyright © 2013 Mei Sheng Duh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Mayo Clinic, “Soft tissue sarcoma: definition,” January 2012, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/soft-tissue-sarcoma/DS00601.
- C. Fletcher, K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Pathology and Genetics of Tumors of Soft Tissue and Bone, International Agency for Research on Cancer Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- R. Siegel, D. Naishadham, and A. Jemal, “Cancer statistics, 2012,” CA: Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 10–29, 2012.
- R. J. Canter, S. Beal, D. Borys, S. R. Martinez, R. J. Bold, and A. S. Robbins, “Interaction of histologic subtype and histologic grade in predicting survival for soft-tissue sarcomas,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 191.e2–198.e2, 2010.
- N. Penel, M. van Glabbeke, S. Marreaud, M. Ouali, J. Y. Blay, and P. Hohenberger, “Testing new regimens in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: analysis of publications from the last 10 years,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1266–1272, 2011.
- J.-Y. Blay, M. van Glabbeke, J. Verweij et al., “Advanced soft-tissue sarcoma: a disease that is potentially curable for a subset of patients treated with chemotherapy,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 64–69, 2003.
- National Comprehensive Care Network, “NCCN clinical practice guidelines in onclogy: soft tissue sarcoma,” June 2012, http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/sarcoma.pdf.
- M. S. Duh, J. R. Weiner, P. Lefebvre, M. Neary, and A. T. Skarin, “Costs associated with intravenous chemotherapy administration in patients with small cell lung cancer: a retrospective claims database analysis,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 967–974, 2008.
- G. B. Kruse, M. M. Amonkar, G. Smith, D. C. Skonieczny, and S. Stavrakas, “Analysis of costs associated with administration of intravenous single-drug therapies in metastatic breast cancer in a U.S. population,” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 844–857, 2008.
- B. J. Wong, M. A. Cifaldi, S. Roy, D. C. Skonieczny, and S. Stavrakas, “Analysis of drug and administrative costs allowed by U.S. Private and public third-party payers for 3 intravenous biologic agents for rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 313–320, 2011.
- J. E. Butrynski, M. S. Duh, A. A. Fournier, et al., “Soft tissue sarcoma (STS): challenges identification, treatment patterns, and cost of disease management in the U.S.,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 15, ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, Chicago, Ill, USA, Abstract 10573, 2008.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, “U.S. medical care services,” http://data.bls.gov.