- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 145764, 7 pages
Epidemiology, Treatment Patterns, and Outcomes of Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma in a Community-Based Oncology Network
1Department of Information Technology, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, McKesson Specialty Health, The Woodlands, TX, USA
2GlaxoSmithKline, Philadelphia, PA 19112, USA
3Texas Oncology, Dallas, TX, USA
4Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX, USA
5Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
6Texas Oncology, Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, 3410 Worth Street, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Received 22 August 2013; Revised 13 December 2013; Accepted 15 December 2013; Published 12 January 2014
Academic Editor: Charles Catton
Copyright © 2014 Clara Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. C. Borden, L. H. Baker, R. S. Bell et al., “Soft tissue sarcomas of adults: state of the translational science,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1941–1956, 2003.
- G. D. Demetri, L. H. Baker, R. S. Benjamin, et al., “Soft tissue sarcoma,” Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, vol. 5, pp. 364–399, 2007.
- P. G. Casali, L. Jost, S. Sleijfer, J. Verweij, and J.-Y. Blay, “Soft tissue sarcomas: ESMO clinical recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. ii89–ii93, 2008.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, J. Xu, and E. Ward, “Cancer statistics, 2010,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 277–300, 2010.
- N. H. Segal, P. Pavlidis, C. R. Antonescu et al., “Classification and subtype prediction of adult soft tissue sarcoma by functional genomics,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 691–700, 2003.
- M. A. Clark, C. Fisher, I. Judson, and J. Meirion Thomas, “Soft-tissue sarcomas in adults,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 7, pp. 701–711, 2005.
- J. N. Cormier and R. E. Pollock, “Soft tissue sarcomas,” Ca: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 94–109, 2004.
- S. A. Lietman, “Soft-tissue sarcomas: overview of management, with a focus on surgical treatment considerations,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 77, supplement 1, pp. S13–S17, 2010.
- T. F. DeLaney, L. Kepka, S. I. Goldberg et al., “Radiation therapy for control of soft-tissue sarcomas resected with positive margins,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 1460–1469, 2007.
- R. Wesolowski and G. T. Budd, “Use of chemotherapy for patients with bone and soft-tissue sarcomas,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 77, supplement 1, pp. S23–S26, 2010.
- V. H. Bramwell, D. Anderson, and M. L. Charette, “Doxorubicin-based chemotherapy for the palliative treatment of adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 3, Article ID CD003293, 2003.
- K. Antman, J. Crowley, S. P. Balcerzak et al., “An intergroup phase III randomized study of doxorubicin and dacarbazine with or without ifosfamide and mesna in advanced soft tissue and bone sarcomas,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1276–1285, 1993.
- A. le Cesne, I. Judson, D. Crowther et al., “Randomized phase III study comparing conventional-dose doxorubicin plus ifosfamide versus high-dose doxorubicin plus infosfamide plus recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony- stimulating factor in advanced soft tissue sarcomas: a trial of the european organization for research and treatment of cancer/soft tissue and bone sarcoma group,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 2676–2684, 2000.
- S. Jelić, V. Kovčin, N. Milanović et al., “Randomised study of high-dose epirubicin versus high-dose epirubicin-cisplatin chemotherapy for advanced soft tissue sarcoma,” European Journal of Cancer Part A, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 220–225, 1997.
- B. L. Samuels, S. Chawla, S. Patel, et al., “Clinical outcomes and safety with trabectedin therapy in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas following failure of prior chemotherapy: results of a worldwide expanded access program study,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 24, pp. 1703–1709, 2013.
- M. van Glabbeke, A. T. van Oosterom, J. W. Oosterhuis et al., “Prognostic factors for the outcome of chemotherapy in advanced soft tissue sarcoma: an analysis of 2,185 patients treated with anthracycline- containing first-line regimens—a European organization for research and treatment of cancer soft tissue and bone sarcoma group study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 150–157, 1999.
- W. T. van der Graaf, J. Y. Blay, S. P. Chawla, et al., “Pazopanib for metastatic soft-tissue sarcoma (PALETTE): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial,” The Lancet, vol. 379, pp. 1879–1886, 2012.
- R. G. Maki, “Gemcitabine and docetaxel in metastatic sarcoma: past, present, and future,” Oncologist, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 999–1006, 2007.
- R. G. Maki, J. K. Wathen, S. R. Patel et al., “Randomized phase II study of gemcitabine and docetaxel compared with gemcitabine alone in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomas: results of sarcoma alliance for research through collaboration study 002,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 19, pp. 2755–2763, 2007.