- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 208786, 7 pages
Cell Senescence in Myxoid/Round Cell Liposarcoma
1Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Box 425, 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
2Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Blå stråket 2, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
3Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 21 January 2014; Revised 22 May 2014; Accepted 23 May 2014; Published 24 June 2014
Academic Editor: Charles Catton
Copyright © 2014 Christina Kåbjörn Gustafsson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. Fletcher, K. K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Tumors of Soft Tissue and Bone. WHO Classification Pathology and Genetics, IARCPress, Lyon, France, 2000.
- A. Crozat, P. Aman, N. Mandahl, and D. Ron, “Fusion of CHOP to a novel RNA-binding protein in human myxoid liposarcoma,” Nature, vol. 363, no. 6430, pp. 640–644, 1993.
- T. H. Rabbitts, A. Forster, R. Larson, and P. Nathan, “Fusion of the dominant negative transcription regulator CHOP with a novel gene FUS by translocation t(12;16) in malignant liposarcoma,” Nature Genetics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 175–180, 1993.
- P. Åman, D. Ron, N. Mandahl et al., “Rearrangement of the transcription factor gene CHOP in myxoid liposarcomas with t(12;16)(q13;p11),” Genes Chromosomes and Cancer, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 278–285, 1992.
- I. Panagopoulos, M. Höglund, F. Mertens, N. Mandahl, F. Mitelman, and P. Åman, “Fusion of the EWS and CHOP genes in myxoid liposarcoma,” Oncogene, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 489–494, 1996.
- N. Riggi, L. Cironi, P. Provero et al., “Expression of the FUS-CHOP fusion protein in primary mesenchymal progenitor cells gives rise to a model of myxoid liposarcoma,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 14, pp. 7016–7023, 2006.
- H. Zinszner, R. Albalat, and D. Ron, “A novel effector domain from the RNA-binding protein TLS or EWS is required for oncogenic transformation by CHOP,” Genes and Development, vol. 8, no. 21, pp. 2513–2526, 1994.
- H. Zinszner, D. Immanuel, Y. Yin, F.-X. Liang, and D. Ron, “A topogenic role for the oncogenic N-terminus of TLS: nucleolar localization when transcription is inhibited,” Oncogene, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 451–461, 1997.
- M. Göransson, M. K. Andersson, C. Forni et al., “The myxoid liposarcoma FUS-DDIT3 fusion oncoprotein deregulates NF-κB target genes by interaction with NFKBIZ,” Oncogene, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 270–278, 2009.
- M. Göransson, E. Elias, A. Ståhlberg, A. Olofsson, C. Andersson, and P. Åman, “Myxoid liposarcoma FUS-DDIT3 fusion oncogene induces C/EBP β-mediated interleukin 6 expression,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 556–560, 2005.
- P. J. Killela, Z. J. Reitmana, Y. Jiao, et al., “TERT promoter mutations occur frequently in gliomas and a subset of tumors derived from cells with low rates of self-renewal,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 110, no. 15, pp. 6021–6026, 2013.
- J. Barretina, B. S. Taylor, S. Banerji, et al., “Subtype-specific genomic alterations define new targets for soft-tissue sarcoma therapy,” Nature Genetics, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 715–721, 2010.
- A. Olofsson, H. Willén, M. Göransson et al., “Abnormal expression of cell cycle regulators in FUS-CHOP carrying liposarcomas,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1349–1355, 2004.
- M. Braig, S. Lee, C. Loddenkemper et al., “Oncogene-induced senescence as an initial barrier in lymphoma development,” Nature, vol. 436, no. 7051, pp. 660–665, 2005.
- J. Bartkova, N. Rezaei, M. Liontos et al., “Oncogene-induced senescence is part of the tumorigenesis barrier imposed by DNA damage checkpoints,” Nature, vol. 444, no. 7119, pp. 633–637, 2006.
- M. Braig and C. A. Schmitt, “Oncogene-induced senescence: putting the brakes on tumor development,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 2881–2884, 2006.
- P. Yaswen and J. Campisi, “Oncogene-induced senescence pathways weave an intricate tapestry,” Cell, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 233–234, 2007.
- K. Engström, H. Willén, C. Kåbjörn-Gustafsson et al., “The myxoid/round cell liposarcoma fusion oncogene FUS-DDIT3 and the normal DDIT3 induce a liposarcoma phenotype in transfected human fibrosarcoma cells,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 168, no. 5, pp. 1642–1653, 2006.
- S. Thelin-Jarnum, C. Lassen, I. Panagopoulos, N. Mandahl, and P. Aman, “Identification of genes differentially expressed in TLS-CHOP carrying myxoid liposarcomas,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 30–33, 1999.
- T. Yokoi, T. Miyawaki, A. Yachie, K. Kato, Y. Kasahara, and N. Taniguchi, “Epstein-Barr virus-immortalized B cells produce IL-6 as an autocrine growth factor,” Immunology, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 100–105, 1990.
- I. Köpf, C. Hanson, U. Delle, I. Verbiené, and A. Weimarck, “A rapid and simplified technique for analysis of archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH),” Anticancer Research, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 2533–2536, 1996.
- H. Yoshida, K. Nagao, H. Ito, K. Yamamoto, and S. Ushigome, “Chromosomal translocations in human soft tissue sarcomas by interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization,” Pathology International, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 222–229, 1997.
- H. Helmbold, W. Deppert, and W. Bohn, “Regulation of cellular senescence by Rb2/p130,” Oncogene, vol. 25, no. 38, pp. 5257–5262, 2006.
- F. P. Fiorentino, C. E. Symonds, M. MacAluso, and A. Giordano, “Senescence and p130/Rbl2: a new beginning to the end,” Cell Research, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1044–1051, 2009.
- S. Haferkamp, S. L. Tran, T. M. Becker, L. L. Scurr, R. F. Kefford, and H. Rizos, “The relative contributions of the p53 and pRb pathways in oncogene-induced melanocyte senescence,” Aging, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 542–556, 2009.
- H. Helmbold, N. Kömm, W. Deppert, and W. Bohn, “Rb2/p130 is the dominating pocket protein in the p53-p21 DNA damage response pathway leading to senescence,” Oncogene, vol. 28, no. 39, pp. 3456–3467, 2009.
- H. Helmbold, U. Galderisi, and W. Bohn, “The switch from pRb/p105 to Rb2/p130 in DNA damage and cellular senescence,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 227, no. 2, pp. 508–513, 2012.
- P. D. Adams, “Remodeling chromatin for senescence,” Aging Cell, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 425–427, 2007.
- R. Zhang, W. Chen, and P. D. Adams, “Molecular dissection of formation of senescence-associated heterochromatin foci,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 2343–2358, 2007.
- D. Giri and M. Ittmann, “Interleukin-8 is a paracrine inducer of fibroblast growth factor 2, a stromal and epithelial growth factor in benign prostatic hyperplasia,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 139–147, 2001.
- D. Giri, M. Ozen, and M. Ittmann, “Interleukin-6 is an autocrine growth factor in human prostate cancer,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 159, no. 6, pp. 2159–2165, 2001.
- M. M. Kawano, H. Ishikawa, N. Tsuyama, et al., “Growth mechanism of human myeloma cells by interleukin-6,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 76, supplement 1, pp. 329–333, 2002.
- H. Nakanishi, K. Yoshioka, S. Joyama et al., “Interleukin-6/soluble interleukin-6 receptor signaling attenuates proliferation and invasion, and induces morphological changes of a newly established pleomorphic malignant fibrous histiocytoma cell line,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 165, no. 2, pp. 471–480, 2004.
- J. C. Acosta, A. O'Loghlen, A. Banito et al., “Chemokine signaling via the CXCR2 receptor reinforces senescence,” Cell, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. 1006–1018, 2008.
- J. C. Acosta, A. O'Loghlen, A. Banito, S. Raguz, and J. Gil, “Control of senescence by CXCR2 and its ligands,” Cell Cycle, vol. 7, no. 19, pp. 2956–2959, 2008.
- T. Kuilman and D. S. Peeper, “Senescence-messaging secretome: SMS-ing cellular stress,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 81–94, 2009.
- K. Engström, P. Bergh, C.-G. Cederlund et al., “Irradiation of myxoid/round cell liposarcoma induces volume reduction and lipoma-like morphology,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 838–845, 2007.
- K.-H. von Wangenheim, H.-P. Peterson, and K. Schwenke, “A major component of radiation action: interference with intracellular control of differentiation,” International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 369–388, 1995.