- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 450902, 4 pages
Validation of the SF-6D Health State Utilities Measure in Lower Extremity Sarcoma
Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 Pacific Street NE, Box 356500,
Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Received 26 December 2013; Accepted 16 February 2014; Published 19 March 2014
Academic Editor: Charles Catton
Copyright © 2014 Kenneth R. Gundle et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Basch, A. P. Abernethy, C. D. Mullins, et al., “Recommendations for incorporating patient-reported outcomes into clinical comparative effectiveness research in adult oncology,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 34, pp. 4249–4255, 2012.
- J. E. Ware, K. K. Snow, M. Kosinski, and B. Gandek, New England Medical Center Hospital, SF-36 Health Survey, Health Institute, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1993.
- A. A. Patel, D. Donegan, and T. Albert, “The 36-item short form,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 126–134, 2007.
- J. A. Kopec and K. D. Willison, “A comparative review of four preference-weighted measures of health-related quality of life,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 317–325, 2003.
- J. W. Shaw, J. A. Johnson, and S. J. Coons, “US valuation of the EQ-5D health states: development and testing of the D1 valuation model,” Medical Care, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 203–220, 2005.
- G. W. Torrance, “Measurement of health state utilities for economic appraisal: a review,” Journal of Health Economics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 1986.
- A. Parthan, M. Kruse, N. Yurgin, J. Huang, H. N. Viswanathan, and D. Taylor, “Cost effectiveness of denosumab versus oral bisphosphonates for postmenopausal osteoporosis in the US,” Appl Health Econ Health Policy, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 485–497, 2013.
- D. H. Solomon, A. R. Patrick, J. Schousboe, and E. Losina, “The potential economic benefits of improved post-fracture care: a cost-effectiveness analysis of a fracture liaison service in the US health care system,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 2014.
- A. L. Stewart, R. D. Hays, and J. E. Ware Jr., “The MOS short-form general health survey. Reliability and validity in a patient population,” Medical Care, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 724–735, 1988.
- J. Brazier, J. Roberts, and M. Deverill, “The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-36,” Journal of Health Economics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 271–292, 2002.
- S. A. Kharroubi, J. E. Brazier, J. Roberts, and A. O'Hagan, “Modelling SF-6D health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method,” Journal of Health Economics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 597–612, 2007.
- S. Bhinder, N. Chowdhury, J. Granton et al., “Feasibility of internet-based health-related quality of life data collection in a large patient cohort,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 12, no. 3, p. e35, 2010.
- A. M. Davis, J. G. Wright, J. I. Williams, C. Bombardier, A. Griffin, and R. S. Bell, “Development of a measure of physical function for patients with bone and soft tissue sarcoma,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 508–516, 1996.
- I. Atroshi, C. Gummesson, S. J. McCabe, and E. Ornstein, “The SF-6D health utility index in carpal tunnel syndrome,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 198–202, 2007.
- J. Tosh, J. Brazier, P. Evans, and L. Longworth, “A review of generic preference-based measures of health-related quality of life in visual disorders,” Value in Health, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 118–127, 2012.
- J. Brazier, J. Roberts, A. Tsuchiya, and J. Busschbach, “A comparison of the EQ-5D and SF-6D across seven patient groups,” Health Economics, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 873–884, 2004.
- R. Brooks and F. de Charro, “EuroQol: the current state of play,” Health Policy, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 53–72, 1996.
- A. Szende, N. K. Leidy, E. Ståhl, and K. Svensson, “Estimating health utilities in patients with asthma and COPD: evidence on the performance of EQ-5D and SF-6D,” Quality of Life Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 267–272, 2009.
- T. H. Sach, G. R. Barton, C. Jenkinson, M. Doherty, A. J. Avery, and K. R. Muir, “Comparing cost-utility estimates: does the choice of EQ-5D or SF-6D matter?” Medical Care, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 889–894, 2009.
- A. S. Pickard, M. C. De Leon, T. Kohlmann, D. Cella, and S. Rosenbloom, “Psychometric comparison of the standard EQ-5D to a 5 level version in cancer patients,” Medical Care, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 259–263, 2007.
- D. G. T. Whitehurst, S. Bryan, and M. Lewis, “Systematic review and empirical comparison of contemporaneous EQ-5D and SF-6D group mean scores,” Medical Decision Making, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. E34–E44, 2011.