- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 617102, 7 pages
Consumptive Coagulopathy in Angiosarcoma: A Recurrent Phenomenon?
Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L. Levy Place, P.O. Box 1128, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA
Received 9 November 2013; Accepted 9 January 2014; Published 13 February 2014
Academic Editor: Andrea Deyrup
Copyright © 2014 Mohamad Farid et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. I. Saba, G. A. Morelli, and R. I. Saba, “Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) in cancer,” Cancer Treatment and Research, vol. 148, pp. 137–156, 2009.
- M. Franchini, M. N. Di Minno, and A. Coppola, “Disseminated intravascular coagulation in hematologic malignancies,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 388–403, 2010.
- S. Sallah, J. Y. Wan, N. P. Nguyen, L. R. Hanrahan, and G. Sigounas, “Disseminated intravascular coagulation in solid tumors: clinical and pathologic study,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 828–833, 2001.
- M. A. Clark, C. Fisher, I. Judson, and J. Meirion Thomas, “Soft-tissue sarcomas in adults,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 7, pp. 701–711, 2005.
- R. J. Young, N. J. Brown, M. W. Reed, D. Hughes, and P. J. Woll, “Angiosarcoma,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 983–991, 2010.
- A. M. Mistry, D. L. Gorden, J. F. Busler, A. C. Coogan, and B. S. Kelly, “Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges in hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 521–525, 2012.
- C. Alliot, B. Tribout, M. Barrios, and M.-F. Gontier, “Angiosarcoma variant of Kasabach-Merritt syndrome,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 731–734, 2001.
- S. H. Y. Moussa, A. L. K. Oliveira, A. P. de Amorim, D. Scandiuzzi, E. F. C. Murta, and S. Soares, “Angiosarcoma of the breast associated with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 267, no. 1, pp. 43–45, 2002.
- S. Imafuku, C. Hosokawa, Y. Moroi, and M. Furue, “Kasabach-Merritt syndrome associated with angiosarcoma of the scalp successfully treated with chemoradiotherapy,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 193–194, 2008.
- S. M. Tans, Y. K. Tay, T. T. Liu, and K. Mancer, “Cutaneous angiosarcoma associated with the Kasabach-Merritt syndrome,” Annals of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 941–942, 2010.
- M. Bernathova, W. Jaschke, C. Pechlahner, B. Zelger, and G. Bodner, “Primary angiosarcoma of the breast associated Kasabach-Merritt syndrome during pregnancy,” Breast, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 255–258, 2006.
- M. Kelly, “Kasabach-merritt phenomenon,” Pediatric Clinics of North America, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1085–1089, 2010.
- K. Bakhtiari, J. C. M. Meijers, E. de Jonge, and M. Levi, “Prospective validation of the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis scoring system for disseminated intravascular coagulation,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 2416–2421, 2004.
- M. Sarkar, J. B. Mulliken, H. P. W. Kozakewich, R. L. Robertson, and P. E. Burrows, “Thrombocytopenic coagulopathy (Kasabach-Merritt Phenomenon) is associated with Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and not with common infantile hemangioma,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 1377–1386, 1997.
- M. G. Fury, C. R. Antonescu, K. J. Van Zee, M. F. Brennan, and R. G. Maki, “A 14-year retrospective review of angiosarcoma: clinical characteristics, prognostic factors, and treatment outcomes with surgery and chemotherapy,” The Cancer Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 241–247, 2005.
- M. Schlemmer, P. Reichardt, J. Verweij et al., “Paclitaxel in patients with advanced angiosarcomas of soft tissue: a retrospective study of the EORTC soft tissue and bone sarcoma group,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 44, no. 16, pp. 2433–2436, 2008.
- A. Italiano, A. Cioffi, N. Penel, et al., “Comparison of doxorubicin and weekly paclitaxel efficacy in metastatic angiosarcomas,” Cancer, vol. 118, no. 13, pp. 3330–3336, 2012.
- M. Agulnik, J. L. Yarber, S. H. Okuno, et al., “An open-label, multicenter, phase II study of bevacizumab for the treatment of angiosarcoma and epithelioid hemangioendotheliomas,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 257–263, 2013.
- D. Keefe, J. Bowen, R. Gibson, T. Tan, M. Okera, and A. Stringer, “Noncardiac vascular toxicities of vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors in advanced cancer: a review,” Oncologist, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 432–444, 2011.
- J. W. B. de Groot, B. Rikhof, J. van Doorn et al., “Non-islet cell tumour-induced hypoglycaemia: a review of the literature including two new cases,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 979–993, 2007.
- J. Fayette, E. Martin, S. Piperno-Neumann et al., “Angiosarcomas, a heterogeneous group of sarcomas with specific behavior depending on primary site: a retrospective study of 161 cases,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2030–2036, 2007.
- S. D. Raj, X. Zhou, C. E. Bueso-Ramos et al., “Prognostic significance of elevated D-dimer for survival in patients with sarcoma,” American Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 462–467, 2012.