- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 647939, 4 pages
Synovial Chondrosarcoma Arising in Synovial Chondromatosis
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham B31 2AP, UK
Received 27 November 2013; Accepted 30 January 2014; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editor: Jos Bramer
Copyright © 2014 Scott Evans et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Wittkop, A. M. Davies, and D. C. Mangham, “Primary synovial chondromatosis and synovial chondrosarcoma,” European Radiology, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2112–2119, 2002.
- J. M. Crotty, J. U. V. Monu, and T. L. Pope Jr., “Synovial osteochondromatosis,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 327–342, 1996.
- H. L. Jaffe, Tumours and Tumourous Conditions of the Bones and Joints, Kimpton, London, UK, 1958.
- “Synovial chondromatosis,” in Pathophysiology of Orthopaedic Diseases, H. J. Mankin, Ed., pp. 53–58, The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rosemont, Ill, USA, 2006.
- M. D. Darfam and B. Czerniak, “Synovial lesions,” in Bone Tumours, pp. 1041–1086, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 1998.
- G. Hermann, M. J. Klein, I. F. Abdelwahab, and S. Kenan, “Synovial chondrosarcoma arising in synovial chondromatosis of the right hip,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 366–369, 1997.
- F. P. Murphy, D. C. Dahlin, and C. R. Sullivan, “Articular synovial chondromatosis,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 44, pp. 77–86, 1962.
- S. H. Butt, T. Muthukumar, V. N. Cassar-Pullicino, and D. C. Mangham, “Primary synovial osteochondromatosis presenting as constrictive capsulitis,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 707–713, 2005.
- B. Tins and V. Cassar-Pullicino, “Synovial osteochondromatosis in hereditary arthro-ophthalmopathy (Wagner-Stickler syndrome),” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 302–305, 2003.
- A. Trias and O. Quintana, “Synovial chondrometaplasia: review of world literature and a study of 18 Canadian cases,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 1976.
- J. W. Milgram, “Synovial osteochondromatosis: a histopathological study of thirty cases,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 792–801, 1977.
- A. K. Bhadra, R. Pollock, R. P. Tirabosco et al., “Primary tumours of the synovium: a report of four cases of malignant tumour,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. British, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 1504–1508, 2007.
- R. I. Davis, A. Hamilton, and J. D. Biggart, “Primary synovial chondromatosis: a clinicopathologic review and assessment of malignant potential,” Human Pathology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 683–688, 1998.
- M. D. Murphy, J. A. Vidal, J. C. Famburg-Smith, and D. A. Gajenski, “Imaging of synovial chondromatosis with radiologic-pathologic correlation,” Radiographics, vol. 27, pp. 1465–1468, 2007.
- L. D. Rybak, L. Khaldi, J. Wittig, and G. C. Steiner, “Primary synovial chondrosarcoma of the hip joint in a 45-year-old male: case report and literature review,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1375–1381, 2011.
- D. A. Campanacci, D. Matera, A. Franchi, and R. Capanna, “Synovial chondrosarcoma of the hip: report of two cases and literature review,” La Chirurgia Degli Organi di Movimento, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 139–144, 2008.
- E. E. Zamora, A. Mansor, D. Vanel et al., “Synovial chondrosarcoma: a report of two cases and literature review,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 38–43, 2009.
- F. Bertoni, K. K. Unni, J. W. Beabout, and F. H. Sim, “Chondrosarcoma of the synovium,” Cancer, vol. 67, pp. 155–162, 1991.
- W. K. Taconis, R. O. van der Heul, and A. M. M. Taminiau, “Synovial chondrosarcoma: report of a case and review of the literature,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 682–685, 1997.
- M. V. Miller, A. Kind, and F. Mertens, “Synovial chondromatosis,” in Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone, C. D. M. Fletcher, K. K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Eds., p. 246, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- D. Resnik, “Tumours and tumour-like lesions of soft tissues,” in Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, pp. 4204–4273, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2002.
- K. K. Unni, C. Y. Inwards, J. A. Bridge, L. G. Kindbolm, and L. E. Wold, “Synovial tumours,” in Tumours of the Bone and Joints, pp. 386–432, ARP Press, Silver Spring, Md, USA, 4th edition, 2005.
- S. W. Weiss and J. R. Goldblum, “Cartilagenous soft tissue tumours,” in Enzinger and Weiss' Soft Tissue Tumours, pp. 1368–1388, Mosby, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2001.
- B. L. Sperling, S. Angel, G. Stoneham, V. Chow, A. Mcfadden, and R. Chibbar, “Synovial chondromatosis and chondrosarcoma: a diagnostic dilemma,” Sarcoma, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 69–73, 2003.