- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 686790, 5 pages
MRI-Based Assessment of Safe Margins in Tumor Surgery
1Computer Assisted and Robotic Surgery (CARS), Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique (IREC), Université catholique de Louvain Tour Pasteur +4, Avenue Mounier, 53, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
2Département D'imagerie Médicale, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
3Département de Pathologie, Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Received 17 November 2013; Accepted 19 January 2014; Published 20 February 2014
Academic Editor: Luca Sangiorgi
Copyright © 2014 Laura Bellanova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Kawaguchi, A. R. Ahmed, S. Matsumoto, J. Manabe, and Y. Matsushita, “The concept of curative margin in surgery for bone and soft tissue sarcoma,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 419, pp. 165–172, 2004.
- G. Bacci, A. Longhi, M. Versari, M. Mercuri, A. Briccoli, and P. Picci, “Prognostic factors for osteosarcoma of the extremity trerated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy: 15-year experience in 789 patients treated at a single institution,” Cancer, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 1154–1161, 2006.
- E. Arpaci, T. Yetisyigit, M. Seker, D. Uncu, U. Uyeturk, B. Oksuzoglu, et al., “Prognostic factors and clinical outcome of patients with Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors in adults: multicentric study of the Anatolian Society of Medical Oncology,” Medical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 1, p. 469, 2013.
- P. D. Stefanovski, E. Bidoli, A. De Paoli et al., “Prognostic factors in soft tissue sarcomas: a study of 395 patients,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 153–164, 2002.
- A. Stojadinovic, D. H. Y. Leung, A. Hoos, D. P. Jaques, J. J. Lewis, and M. F. Brennan, “Analysis of the prognostic significance of microscopic margins in 2,084 localized primary adult soft tissue sarcomas,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 235, no. 3, pp. 424–434, 2002.
- F. C. Eilber, G. Rosen, S. D. Nelson et al., “High-grade extremity soft tissue sarcomas: factors predictive of local recurrence and its effect on morbidity and mortality,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 237, no. 2, pp. 218–226, 2003.
- G. K. Zagars, M. T. Ballo, P. W. T. Pisters, R. E. Pollock, S. R. Patel, and R. S. Benjamin, “Surgical margins and reresection in the management of patients with soft tissue sarcoma using conservative surgery and radiation therapy,” Cancer, vol. 97, no. 10, pp. 2544–2553, 2003.
- L. Bellanova, L. Paul, and P.-L. Docquier, “Surgical guides (patient-specific instruments) for pediatric tibial bone sarcoma resection and allograft reconstruction,” Sarcoma, vol. 2013, Article ID 787653, 7 pages, 2013.
- P. Picci, L. Sangiorgi, L. Bahamonde et al., “Risk factors for local recurrences after limb-salvage surgery for high- grade osteosarcoma of the extremities,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 899–903, 1997.
- F. Scarpa, S. Sabattini, L. Marconato, O. Capitani, M. Morini, and G. Bettini, “Use of histologic margin evaluation to predict recurrence of cutaneous malignant tumors in dogs and cats after surgical excision,” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, vol. 240, no. 10, pp. 1181–1187, 2012.
- C. Wittekind, C. C. Compton, F. L. Greene, and L. H. Sobin, “TNM residual tumor classification revisited,” Cancer, vol. 94, no. 9, pp. 2511–2516, 2002.
- G. Colleran, J. Madewell, P. Foran, M. Shelly, and P. J. O'Sullivan, “Imaging of soft tissue and osseous sarcomas of the extremities,” Seminars in Ultrasound, CT and MRI, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 442–455, 2011.
- P.-L. Docquier, L. Paul, O. Cartiaux, C. Delloye, and X. Banse, “Computer-assisted resection and reconstruction of pelvic tumor sarcoma,” Sarcoma, vol. 2010, Article ID 125162, 8 pages, 2010.
- D. Rommel, J. Abarca-Quinones, N. Christian et al., “Alginate moulding: an empirical method for magnetic resonance imaging/positron emission tomography co-registration in a tumor rat model,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 571–577, 2008.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, “Measuring agreement in method comparison studies,” Statistical Methods in Medical Research, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 135–160, 1999.