- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 954671, 6 pages
DDIT3 Expression in Liposarcoma Development
1Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, P.O. Box 425, 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
2Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Received 5 December 2013; Accepted 13 February 2014; Published 25 March 2014
Academic Editor: Enrique de Alava
Copyright © 2014 Christina Kåbjörn Gustafsson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, K. Krishnan Unni, and F. Mertens, Tumors of Soft Tissue and Bone, IARC Press, 2000.
- F. Pedeutour, A. Forus, J.M. Berner, et al., “Structure of the supernumerary ring and giant rod chromosomes in adipose tissue tumors,” Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 30–41, 1999.
- F. Pedeutour, R. F. Suijkerbuijk, A. Forus et al., “Complex composition and co-amplification of SAS and MDM2 in ring and giant rod marker chromosomes in well-differentiated liposarcoma,” Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 85–94, 1994.
- F. Persson, A. Olofsson, H. Sjögren et al., “Characterization of the 12q amplicons by high-resolution, oligonucleotide array CGH and expression analyses of a novel liposarcoma cell line,” Cancer Letters, vol. 260, no. 1-2, pp. 37–47, 2008.
- A. Crozat, P. Aman, N. Mandahl, and D. Ron, “Fusion of CHOP to a novel RNA-binding protein in human myxoid liposarcoma,” Nature, vol. 363, no. 6430, pp. 640–644, 1993.
- P. Åman, I. Panagopoulos, C. Lassen et al., “Expression patterns of the human sarcoma-associated genes FUS and EWS and the genomic structure of FUS,” Genomics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1996.
- K. Engström, H. Willén, C. Kåbjörn-Gustafsson et al., “The myxoid/round cell liposarcoma fusion oncogene FUS-DDIT3 and the normal DDIT3 induce a liposarcoma phenotype in transfected human fibrosarcoma cells,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 168, no. 5, pp. 1642–1653, 2006.
- C. Jousse, A. Bruhat, V. Carraro et al., “Inhibition of CHOP translation by a peptide encoded by an open reading frame localized in the chop 5′UTR,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 21, pp. 4341–4351, 2001.
- I. Panagopoulos, M. Höglund, F. Mertens, N. Mandahl, F. Mitelman, and P. Åman, “Fusion of the EWS and CHOP genes in myxoid liposarcoma,” Oncogene, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 489–494, 1996.
- A. Benavides, D. Pastor, P. Santos, P. Tranque, and S. Calvo, “CHOP plays a pivotal role in the astrocyte death induced by oxygen and glucose deprivation,” Glia, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 261–275, 2005.
- Y. Ma, J. W. Brewer, J. Alan Diehl, and L. M. Hendershot, “Two distinct stress signaling pathways converge upon the CHOP promoter during the mammalian unfolded protein response,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 318, no. 5, pp. 1351–1365, 2002.
- A. A. Welihinda, W. Tirasophon, and R. J. Kaufman, “The cellular response to protein misfolding in the endoplasmic reticulum,” Gene Expression, vol. 7, no. 4–6, pp. 293–300, 1999.
- E. F. P. M. Schoenmakers, S. Wanschura, R. Mols, J. Bullerdiek, H. van den Berghe, and W. J. M. van de Ven, “Recurrent rearrangements in the high mobility group protein gene, HMGI-C, in benign mesenchymal tumours,” Nature Genetics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 436–444, 1995.
- G. J. Darlington, S. E. Ross, and O. A. MacDougald, “The role of C/EBP genes in adipocyte differentiation,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 273, no. 46, pp. 30057–30060, 1998.
- G. Adelmant, J. D. Gilbert, and S. O. Freytag, “Human translocation liposarcoma-CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP) homologous protein (TLS-CHOP) oncoprotein prevents adipocyte differentiation by directly interfering with C/EBPβ function,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 273, no. 25, pp. 15574–15581, 1998.
- N. Batchvarova, X.-Z. Wang, and D. Ron, “Inhibition of adipogenesis by the stress-induced protein CHOP (Gadd153),” EMBO Journal, vol. 14, no. 19, pp. 4654–4661, 1995.
- M. Kuroda, T. Ishida, M. Takanashi, M. Satoh, R. Machinami, and T. Watanabe, “Oncogenic transformation and inhibition of adipocytic conversion of preadipocytes by TLS/FUS-CHOP type II chimeric protein,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 735–744, 1997.
- N. Riggi, L. Cironi, P. Provero et al., “Expression of the FUS-CHOP fusion protein in primary mesenchymal progenitor cells gives rise to a model of myxoid liposarcoma,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 14, pp. 7016–7023, 2006.
- H. Zinszner, R. Albalat, and D. Ron, “A novel effector domain from the RNA-binding protein TLS or EWS is required for oncogenic transformation by CHOP,” Genes and Development, vol. 8, no. 21, pp. 2513–2526, 1994.
- J. Pérez-Losada, M. Sánchez-Martín, M. A. Rodríguez-García et al., “Liposarcoma initiated by FUS/TLS-CHOP: the FUS/TLS domain plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of liposarcoma,” Oncogene, vol. 19, no. 52, pp. 6015–6022, 2000.
- A. Jauhiainen, C. Thomsen, L. Strömbom et al., “Distinct cytoplasmic and nuclear functions of the stress induced protein DDIT3/CHOP/GADD153,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID e33208, 2012.