- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stem Cells International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 975871, 12 pages
Markers for Characterization of Bone Marrow Multipotential Stromal Cells
Academic Unit of the Musculoskeletal Diseases, St. James's University Hospital, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Received 26 January 2012; Accepted 29 February 2012
Academic Editor: Selim Kuçi
Copyright © 2012 Sally A. Boxall and Elena Jones. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [29 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jiang Li, Mohamed B. Ezzelarab, and David K. C. Cooper, “Do mesenchymal stem cells function across species barriers? Relevance for xenotransplantation,” Xenotransplantation, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 273–285, 2012.
- P. Monica Tsimbouri, Rebecca J. McMurray, Karl V. Burgess, Enateri V. Alakpa, Paul M. Reynolds, Kate Murawski, Emmajayne Kingham, Richard O. C. Oreffo, Nikolaj Gadegaard, and Matthew J. Dalby, “Using Nanotopography and Metabolomics to Identify Biochemical Effectors of Multipotency,” Acs Nano, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 10239–10249, 2012.
- Chiara Sassoli, Sandra Zecchi-Orlandini, and Lucia Formigli, “Trophic Actions of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells for Muscle Repair/Regeneration,” Cells, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 832–850, 2012.
- Yao-Chun Wang, Guang-Ying Dong, Li Li, Yang Xiao, Hua Han, Shu-Hong Wang, Ya-Ning Wei, De-Wei Du, Hao Xu, Chun-Chen Gao, Min-Hua Zheng, Juan Xie, and Jun-Chang Li, “Notch-RBP-J signaling is required by bone marrow stromal cells for the treatment of acute graft versus host disease,” Stem Cell Research, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 721–735, 2013.
- K. Nakamura, A. Yoshimura, T. Kaneko, K. Sato, and Y. Hara, “ROCK inhibitor Y-27632 maintains the proliferation of confluent human mesenchymal stem cells,” Journal of Periodontal Research, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 363–370, 2013.
- Hal Sternberg, Jennifer Kidd, James T. Murai, Jianjie Jiang, Ariel Rinon, Isaac E. Erickson, Walter D. Funk, Qian Wang, Karen B. Chapman, C. Thomas Vangsness, and Michael D. West, “Seven diverse human embryonic stem cell-derived chondrogenic clonal embryonic progenitor cell lines display site-specific cell fates,” Regenerative Medicine, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 125–144, 2013.
- Yi-Zhou Huang, Jia-Qin Cai, Feng-Juan Lv, Hong-Lei Xie, Zhi-Ming Yang, Yong-Can Huang, and Li Deng, “Species variation in the spontaneous calcification of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells,” Cytotherapy, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 323–329, 2013.
- Julia A. Paxson, Alisha M. Gruntman, Airiel M. Davis, Christopher M. Parkin, Edward P. Ingenito, and Andrew M. Hoffman, “Age Dependence of Lung Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Dynamics Following Pneumonectomy,” Stem Cells and Development, vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3214–3225, 2013.
- Per Anderson, Ana Belen Carrillo-Galvez, Angelica Garcia-Perez, Marien Cobo, and Francisco Martin, “CD105 (Endoglin)-Negative Murine Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Define a New Multipotent Subpopulation with Distinct Differentiation and Immunomodulatory Capacities,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Andrew Aldridge, Dimitrios Kouroupis, Sarah Churchman, Anne English, Eileen Ingham, and Elena Jones, “Assay validation for the assessment of adipogenesis of multipotential stromal cells-a direct comparison of four different methods,” Cytotherapy, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 89–101, 2013.
- J. P. J. Rocke, and A. J. Roelofs, “Cell-based approaches to joint surface repair: a research perspective,” Osteoarthritis And Cartilage, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 892–900, 2013.
- Zwi Berneman, Dirk Ysebaert, Nele Boeykens, Kathleen De Greef, Peter Ponsaerts, and Annemie Van der Linden, “Injury-Dependent Retention of Intraportally Administered Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Following Partial Hepatectomy of Steatotic Liver Does Not Lead to Improved Liver Recovery,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Zara K. Melkoumian, Lori E. Romeo, and Paula J. Dolley-Sonneville, “Synthetic Surface for Expansion of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Xeno-Free, Chemically Defined Culture Conditions,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Nicola Giuliani, Gina Lisignoli, Marina Magnani, Costantina Racano, Marina Bolzoni, Benedetta Dalla Palma, Angelica Spolzino, Cristina Manferdini, Caterina Abati, Denise Toscani, Andrea Facchini, and Franco Aversa, “New Insights into Osteogenic and Chondrogenic Differentiation of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Their Potential Clinical Applications for Bone Regeneration in Pediatric Orthopaedics,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Yajuan Jiang, Sean R. R. Hall, Elizabeth Leary, Greg Yavanian, Sarah Eminli, David W. O'Neill, and Wayne A. Marasco, “Identification and Isolation of Small CD44-Negative Mesenchymal Stem/Progenitor Cells From Human Bone Marrow Using Elutriation and Polychromatic Flow Cytometry,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 567–578, 2013.
- O. G. Davies, P. R. Cooper, R. M. Shelton, A. J. Smith, and B. A. Scheven, “A comparison of the in vitro mineralisation and dentinogenic potential of mesenchymal stem cells derived from adipose tissue, bone marrow and dental pulp,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, 2014.
- Moustafa Sayed, Christopher A. Drummond, Kaleigh L. Evans, Steven T. Haller, Jiang Liu, Zijian Xie, and Jiang Tian, “Effects of Na/K-ATPase and its ligands on bone marrow stromal cell differentiation,” Stem Cell Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 12–23, 2014.
- Elena Jones, and Aileen Crawford, “High chondrogenic potential of synovial fluid–derived mesenchymal stromal cells,” Cytotherapy, 2014.
- Riccardo Schweizer, Pranitha Kamat, Dennis Schweizer, Cyrill Dennler, Shengye Zhang, Jonas T. Schnider, Souzan Salemi, Pietro Giovanoli, Daniel Eberli, Volker Enzmann, Dominique Erni, and Jan A. Plock, “Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells improve vascular regeneration and reduce leukocyte-endothelium activation in critical ischemic murine skin in a dose-dependent manner,” Cytotherapy, 2014.
- Sebastian Raeth, Benedetto Sacchetti, Georg Siegel, Ulrike A. Mau-Holzmann, Jan Hansmann, Gabriele Vacun, Thomas G. Hauk, Klaus Pfizenmaier, and Angelika Hausser, “A Mouse Bone Marrow Stromal Cell Line with Skeletal Stem Cell Characteristics to Study Osteogenesis In Vitro and In Vivo,” Stem Cells and Development, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1097–1108, 2014.
- Timothy N. Snyder, Krishna Madhavan, Miranda Intrator, Ryan C. Dregalla, and Daewon Park, “A fibrin/hyaluronic acid hydrogel for the delivery of mesenchymal stem cells and potential for articular cartilage repair,” Journal of Biological Engineering, vol. 8, 2014.
- Solvig Diederichs, and Rocky S. Tuan, “Functional Comparison of Human-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Mesenchymal Cells and Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells from the Same Donor,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 140428130259003, 2014.
- Ana Claudia Araujo-Pires, Claudia Cristina Biguetti, Carlos Eduardo Repeke, Camila de Oliveira Rodini, Ana Paula Campanelli, Ana Paula Favaro Trombone, Ariadne Letra, Renato Menezes Silva, and Gustavo Pompermaier Garlet, “Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Active Prohealing and Immunosuppressive Agents in Periapical Environment: Evidence from Human and Experimental Periapical Lesions,” Journal of Endodontics, 2014.
- Chee Ping Ng, Abdul Rahim Mohamed Sharif, Daniel E. Heath, John W. Chow, Claire B. Y. Zhang, Mary B. Chan-Park, Paula T. Hammond, Jerry K. Y. Chan, and Linda G. Griffith, “Enhanced ex vivo expansion of adult mesenchymal stem cells by fetal mesenchymal stem cell ECM,” Biomaterials, vol. 35, no. 13, pp. 4046–4057, 2014.
- Sandra Bermeo, Krishanthi Gunaratnam, and Gustavo Duque, “Fat and Bone Interactions,” Current Osteoporosis Reports, 2014.
- Andrea Zaniboni, Chiara Bernardini, Marco Alessandri, Chiara Mangano, Augusta Zannoni, Francesca Bianchi, Giuseppe Sarli, Laura Calza, Maria Laura Bacci, and Monica Forni, “Cells derived from porcine aorta tunica media show mesenchymal stromal-like cell properties in in vitro culture,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 306, no. 4, pp. C322–C333, 2014.
- Robert Wyse, Gary Dunbar, and Julien Rossignol, “Use of Genetically Modified Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 1719–1745, 2014.
- Tzu-Min Chan, Horng-Jyh Harn, Hui-Ping Lin, Pei-Wen Chou, Julia Yi-Ru Chen, Tsung-Jung Ho, Tzyy-Wen Chiou, Hong-Meng Chuang, Shao-Chih Chiu, Yen-Chung Chen, Ssu-Yin Yen, Mao-Hsuan Huang, and Bing-Chiang Liang, “Improved Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Isolation,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 4-5, pp. 399–406, 2014.
- Daniela Galli, Marco Vitale, and Mauro Vaccarezza, “Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Cell Differentiation toward Myogenic Lineages: Facts and Perspectives,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.