- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 942507, 5 pages
MammaPrint Feasibility in a Large Tertiary Urban Medical Center: An Initial Experience
1Division of Breast Surgery, Department of Surgery, Columbia University Comprehensive Breast Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
2Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Received 25 September 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Chiarugi and S. Dahiya
Copyright © 2012 C. Francisco Espinel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Van't Veer, H. Dai, M. J. Van de Vijver et al., “Gene expression profiling predicts clinical outcome of breast cancer,” Nature, vol. 415, no. 6871, pp. 530–536, 2002.
- M. J. Van De Vijver, Y. D. He, L. J. Van 'T Veer et al., “A gene-expression signature as a predictor of survival in breast cancer,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 347, no. 25, pp. 1999–2009, 2002.
- M. Buyse, S. Loi, L. van't Veer et al., “Validation and clinical utility of a 70-gene prognostic signature for women with node-negative breast cancer,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 98, no. 17, pp. 1183–1192, 2006.
- B. S. Winner, D. C. Sgroi, P. D. Ryan et al., “Analysis of the mamma print breast cancer assay in a predominantly postmenopausal cohort,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 2988–2993, 2008.
- S. Mook, M. K. Schmidt, G. Viale et al., “The 70-gene prognosis-signature predicts disease outcome in breast cancer patients with 1–3 positive lymph nodes in an independent validation study,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 295–302, 2009.
- F. O. Ademuyiwa and O. I. Olopade, “Racial differences in genetic factors associated with breast cancer,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2003.
- J. M. Bueno-de-Mesquita, W. H. van Harten, V. P. Retel et al., “Use of 70-gene signature to predict prognosis of patients with node-negative breast cancer: a prospective community-based feasibility study (RASTER),” Lancet Oncology, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 1079–1087, 2007.
- F. Cardoso, L. Van't Veer, E. Rutgers, S. Loi, S. Mook, and M. J. Piccart-Gebhart, “Clinical application of the 70-gene profile: the MINDACT trial,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 729–735, 2008.
- F. Cardoso, M. Piccart-Gebhart, L. Van't Veer, and E. Rutgers, “The MINDACT trial: the first prospective clinical validation of a genomic tool,” Molecular Oncology, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 246–251, 2007.
- J. S. Ross, “Multigene classifiers, prognostic factors, and predictors of breast cancer clinical outcome,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 204–215, 2009.
- P. Roepman, H. M. Horlings, O. Krijgsman et al., “Microarray-based determination of estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER2 receptor status in breast cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 7003–7011, 2009.
- H. Gevensleben, U. J. Göhring, R. Büttner et al., “Comparison of MammaPrint and TargetPrint results with clinical parameters in German patients with early stage breast cancer,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 837–843, 2010.