- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 125705, 29 pages
The Role of Inflammatory Cytokines, the RANKL/OPG Axis, and the Immunoskeletal Interface in Physiological Bone Turnover and Osteoporosis
1Atlanta Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Decatur, GA 30033, USA
2Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and Lipids, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 101 Woodruff Circle, 1305 WMRB, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Received 6 December 2012; Accepted 24 December 2012
Academic Editors: G. Da Silva Xavier and E. Hajduch
Copyright © 2013 M. Neale Weitzmann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zachary S. Buchwald, and Rajeev Aurora, “Osteoclasts and CD8 T Cells Form a Negative Feedback Loop That Contributes to Homeostasis of Both the Skeletal and Immune Systems,” Clinical & Developmental Immunology, 2013.
- Liao Wang, Bi Zhang, Chongyun Bao, Pamela Habibovic, Jing Hu, and Xingdong Zhang, “Ectopic Osteoid and Bone Formation by Three Calcium-Phosphate Ceramics in Rats, Rabbits and Dogs,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Ireen Koennecke, Alessandro Serra, Thaqif El Khassawna, Claudia Schlundt, Hanna Schell, Anja Hauser, Agnes Ellinghaus, Hans-Dieter Volk, Andreas Radbruch, Georg N. Duda, and Katharina Schmidt-Bleek, “T and B cells participate in bone repair by infiltrating the fracture callus in a two-wave fashion,” Bone, vol. 64, pp. 155–165, 2014.
- Hiromu Ito, “Clinical Considerations of Regenerative Medicine in Osteoporosis,” Current Osteoporosis Reports, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 230–234, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “The Effects of α-Tocopherol on Bone: A Double-Edged Sword?,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1424–1441, 2014.
- Kehmia Titanji, Aswani Vunnava, Anandi N. Sheth, Cecile Delille, Jeffrey L. Lennox, Sara E. Sanford, Antonina Foster, Andrea Knezevic, Kirk A. Easley, M. Neale Weitzmann, and Ighovwerha Ofotokun, “Dysregulated B Cell Expression of RANKL and OPG Correlates with Loss of Bone Mineral Density in HIV Infection,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 10, no. 11, 2014.
- Nicola Napoli, Rocky Strollo, Angela Paladini, Silvia I. Briganti, Paolo Pozzilli, and Sol Epstein, “The Alliance of Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone, and Diabetes,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–26, 2014.
- Shuang Tan, Binbin Zhang, Xiaomei Zhu, Ping Ao, Huajie Guo, Weihong Yi, and Guang-Qian Zhou, “Deregulation of Bone Forming Cells in Bone Diseases and Anabolic Effects of Strontium-Containing Agents and Biomaterials,” Biomed Research International, 2014.
- Kimberly Kish, Yasmeen Mezil, Wendy E. Ward, Panagiota Klentrou, and Bareket Falk, “Effects of plyometric exercise session on markers of bone turnover in boys and young men,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2015.
- Sidan Li, Tianshou Li, Yongbing Chen, Yinchao Nie, Changhong Li, Lanting Liu, Qiaochuan Li, and Lugui Qiu, “Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor Induces Osteoblast Inhibition by B Lymphocytes and Osteoclast Activation by T Lymphocytes during Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cell Mobilization,” Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, 2015.
- Emanuela A. Greco, Rachele Fornari, Andrea Lenzi, and Silvia Migliaccio, “Osso e infiammazione,” L'Endocrinologo, 2015.
- Ping Kwan, “Osteoporosis: from osteoscience to neuroscience and beyond,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2015.
- Ying Zhang, Ying He, Yi Zong, Jiazhi Guo, Lin Sun, Yunbing Ma, Wei Dong, and Li Gui, “17 beta-estradiol attenuates homocysteine-induced oxidative stress and inflammatory response as well as MAPKs cascade via activating PI3-K/Akt signal ,” Acta Biochimica Et Biophysica Sinica, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 65–72, 2015.
- Sujit Kootala, Dmitri Ossipov, Jeroen JJP van den Beucken, Sander Leeuwenburgh, and Jöns Hilborn, “Bisphosphonate-functionalized hyaluronic acid showing selective affinity for osteoclasts as a potential treatment for osteoporosis,” Biomater. Sci., vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1197–1207, 2015.