- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 125705, 29 pages
The Role of Inflammatory Cytokines, the RANKL/OPG Axis, and the Immunoskeletal Interface in Physiological Bone Turnover and Osteoporosis
1Atlanta Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Decatur, GA 30033, USA
2Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism and Lipids, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 101 Woodruff Circle, 1305 WMRB, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Received 6 December 2012; Accepted 24 December 2012
Academic Editors: G. Da Silva Xavier and E. Hajduch
Copyright © 2013 M. Neale Weitzmann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zachary S. Buchwald, and Rajeev Aurora, “Osteoclasts and CD8 T Cells Form a Negative Feedback Loop That Contributes to Homeostasis of Both the Skeletal and Immune Systems,” Clinical & Developmental Immunology, 2013.
- Ireen Koennecke, Alessandro Serra, Thaqif El Khassawna, Claudia Schlundt, Hanna Schell, Anja Hauser, Agnes Ellinghaus, Hans-Dieter Volk, Andreas Radbruch, Georg N. Duda, and Katharina Schmidt-Bleek, “T and B cells participate in bone repair by infiltrating the fracture callus in a two-wave fashion,” Bone, vol. 64, pp. 155–165, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “The Effects of α-Tocopherol on Bone: A Double-Edged Sword?,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1424–1441, 2014.
- Nicola Napoli, Rocky Strollo, Angela Paladini, Silvia I. Briganti, Paolo Pozzilli, and Sol Epstein, “The Alliance of Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone, and Diabetes,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–26, 2014.
- Shuang Tan, Binbin Zhang, Xiaomei Zhu, Ping Ao, Huajie Guo, Weihong Yi, and Guang-Qian Zhou, “Deregulation of Bone Forming Cells in Bone Diseases and Anabolic Effects of Strontium-Containing Agents and Biomaterials,” Biomed Research International, 2014.