- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 164203, 30 pages
HIV-1 Trans Infection of CD4+ T Cells by Professional Antigen Presenting Cells
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Received 28 February 2013; Accepted 9 April 2013
Academic Editors: M. Clementi and Z. Stamataki
Copyright © 2013 Charles R. Rinaldo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eduardo J. M. Nascimento, Robbie B. Mailliard, Simon C. Watkins, Kellie N. Smith, Ronald J. Fecek, Giovanna Rappocciolo, Ernesto T. Marques, Charles R. Rinaldo, and James I. Mullins, “Selective Induction of CTL Helper Rather Than Killer Activity by Natural Epitope Variants Promotes Dendritic Cell-Mediated HIV-1 Dissemination,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 191, no. 5, pp. 2570–2580, 2013.
- Wei Jin, Chang Li, Tao Du, Kai Hu, Xin Huang, and Qinxue Hu, “DC-SIGN plays a stronger role than DCIR in mediating HIV-1 capture and transfer,” Virology, vol. 458-459, pp. 83–92, 2014.
- Giovanna Rappocciolo, Mariel Jais, Paolo Piazza, Todd A. Reinhart, Stella J. Berendam, Laura Garcia-Exposito, Phalguni Gupta, and Charles R. Rinaldo, “Alterations in Cholesterol Metabolism Restrict HIV-1 Trans Infection in Nonprogressors,” Mbio, vol. 5, no. 3, 2014.
- Diana Goode, Rosaline Truong, Guillermo Villegas, Giulia Calenda, Natalia Guerra-Perez, Michael Piatak, Jeffrey D. Lifson, James Blanchard, Agegnehu Gettie, Melissa Robbiani, and Elena Martinelli, “HSV-2-Driven Increase in the Expression of alpha(4)beta(7) Correlates with Increased Susceptibility to Vaginal SHIVSF162P3 Infection,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 10, no. 12, 2014.
- Waema R. Mbogo, Livingstone S. Luboobi, and John W. Odhiambo, “Stochastic Model for Langerhans Cells and HIV Dynamics In Vivo,” ISRN Applied Mathematics, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Wangheng Hou, Chu Fang, Jiayan Liu, Hai Yu, Jialong Qi, Xiaomei Zhang, Ruixue Yuan, Dan Xiong, Shuangquan Gao, Y. Adam Yuan, Shaowei Li, Ying Gu, and Ningshao Xia, “Molecular insights into the inhibition of HIV-1 infection using a CD4 domain-1-specific monoclonal antibody,” Antiviral Research, 2015.
- Gabriel A. Goldfien, Fatima Barragan, Joseph Chen, Margaret Takeda, Juan C. Irwin, Jean Perry, Ruth M. Greenblatt, Karen K. Smith-McCune, and Linda C. Giudice, “Progestin-Containing Contraceptives Alter Expression of Host Defense-Related Genes of the Endometrium and Cervix,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 814–828, 2015.
- GÃ¼nther SchÃ¶nrich, and Martin J. Raftery, “Dendritic cells as Achillesâ€™ heel and Trojan horse during varicella zoster virus infection,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Suzanne DG Kijewski, and Suryaram Gummuluru, “ A mechanistic overview of dendritic cell-mediated HIV-1 trans infection: the story so far ,” Future Virology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 257–269, 2015.
- Natalia Guerra-Perez, Ines Frank, Filippo Veglia, Meropi Aravantinou, Diana Goode, James L. Blanchard, Agegnehu Gettie, Melissa Robbiani, and Elena Martinelli, “Retinoic Acid Imprints a Mucosal-like Phenotype on Dendritic Cells with an Increased Ability To Fuel HIV-1 Infection,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 194, no. 5, pp. 2415–2423, 2015.
- Colleen R. Zaccard, Simon C. Watkins, Pawel Kalinski, Ronald J. Fecek, Aarika L. Yates, Russell D. Salter, Velpandi Ayyavoo, Charles R. Rinaldo, and Robbie B. Mailliard, “CD40L Induces Functional Tunneling Nanotube Networks Exclusively in Dendritic Cells Programmed by Mediators of Type 1 Immunity,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 194, no. 3, pp. 1047–1056, 2015.