- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 305763, 14 pages
Brown Adipose Tissue Growth and Development
Early Life Nutrition Research Unit, Academic Division of Child Health, School of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital, The University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Received 4 February 2013; Accepted 28 February 2013
Academic Editors: Y. Chagnon and G. Lopaschuk
Copyright © 2013 Michael E. Symonds. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Catalina Pico, and Maria Luisa Bonet, “Nutritional potential of metabolic remodelling of white adipose tissue,” Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 650–656, 2013.
- Myrte Merkestein, Felino R. Cagampang, and Dyan Sellayah, “Fetal programming of adipose tissue function: an evolutionary perspective,” Mammalian Genome, 2014.
- Rosita A. Condorelli, Aldo E. Calogero, Enzo Vicari, Laura Mongioi’, Vincenzo Favilla, Giuseppe Morgia, Sebastiano Cimino, Giorgio Russo, and Sandro La Vignera, “The gonadal function in obese adolescents: review,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 2014.
- Michael E Symonds, “Ethnicity and its effects on brown adipose tissue,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 185–186, 2014.
- Dyan Sellayah, Lea Dib, Frederick W. Anthony, Adam J. Watkins, Tom P. Fleming, Mark A. Hanson, and Felino R. Cagampang, “Effect of maternal protein restriction during pregnancy and postweaning high-fat feeding on diet-induced thermogenesis in adult mouse offspring,” European Journal of Nutrition, 2014.
- Maria Seron-Ferre, Henry Reynolds, Natalia Andrea Mendez, Mauricio Mondaca, Francisco Valenzuela, Renato Ebensperger, Guillermo J. Valenzuela, Emilio A. Herrera, Anibal J. Llanos, and Claudia Torres-Farfan, “Impact of Maternal Melatonin Suppression on Amount and Functionality of Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) in the Newborn Sheep,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 5, 2015.