- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 459405, 29 pages
Laboratory Diagnosis of Invasive Aspergillosis: From Diagnosis to Prediction of Outcome
Mycology Reference Centre, Department of Microbiology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Received 15 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editors: J. R. Blazquez, G. Comi, and C.-Y. Hung
Copyright © 2013 Richard C. Barton. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Matthias Barton, “Prevention and endothelial therapy of coronary artery disease,” Current Opinion In Pharmacology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 226–241, 2013.
- Ramon Alberto Batista-Garcia, Edgar Balcazar-Lopez, Estefan Miranda-Miranda, Ayixon Sanchez-Reyes, Laura Cuervo-Soto, Denise Aceves-Zamudio, Karina Atriztan-Hernandez, Catalina Morales-Herrera, Rocio Rodriguez-Hernandez, and Jorge Folch-Mallol, “Characterization of Lignocellulolytic Activities from a Moderate Halophile Strain of Aspergillus caesiellus Isolated from a Sugarcane Bagasse Fermentation,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Manuela Oliveira, Michaela Lackner, António Amorim, and Ricardo Araujo, “Feasibility of mitochondrial Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms to detect and identify Aspergillus fumigatus in clinical samples,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, 2014.
- Gemma Johnson, Arianna Ferrini, Stephen K. Dolan, Tania Nolan, Samir Agrawal, Sean Doyle, and Stephen A. Bustin, “Biomarkers for invasive aspergillosis: the challenges continue,” Biomarkers in Medicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 429–451, 2014.
- Zeyad Al-Ogaili, Gavin Chapeikin, and David Palmer, “Primary Aspergillosis of Bilateral Laryngoceles,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–3, 2014.
- Kim-Chung Lee, Emily W. T. Tam, Ka-Ching Lo, Alan K. L. Tsang, Candy C. Y. Lau, Kelvin K. W. To, Jasper F. W. Chan, Ching-Wan Lam, Kwok-Yung Yuen, Susanna K. P. Lau, and Patrick C. Y. Woo, “Metabolomics Analysis Reveals Specific Novel Tetrapeptide and Potential Anti-Inflammatory Metabolites in Pathogenic Aspergillus species,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 13850–13867, 2015.
- Haiyan Chen, Cuicui Liu, Dan Chen, Kyle Madrid, Shuwen Peng, Xinyue Dong, Min Zhang, and Yueqing Gu, “Bacteria-Targeting Conjugates Based on Antimicrobial Peptide for Bacteria Diagnosis and Therapy,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, pp. 150624105326001, 2015.
- Christopher R. Thornton, and Odette E. Wills, “Immunodetection of fungal and oomycete pathogens: Established and emerging threats to human health, animal welfare and global food security,” Critical Reviews In Microbiology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 27–51, 2015.
- Marisa H. Miceli, and Johan Maertens, “Role of Non-Culture-Based Tests, with an Emphasis on Galactomannan Testing for the Diagnosis of Invasive Aspergillosis,” Seminars In Respiratory And Critical Care Medicine, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 650–661, 2015.
- Thomas F. Patterson, George R. Thompson, David W. Denning, Jay A. Fishman, Susan Hadley, Raoul Herbrecht, Dimitrios P. Kontoyiannis, Kieren A. Marr, Vicki A. Morrison, M. Hong Nguyen, Brahm H. Segal, William J. Steinbach, David A. Stevens, Thomas J. Walsh, John R. Wingard, Jo-Anne H. Young, and John E. Bennett, “Practice Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Aspergillosis: 2016 Update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, pp. ciw326, 2016.
- Maddalena Chermetz, Margherita Gobbo, Katia Rupel, Giulia Ottaviani, Giancarlo Tirelli, Rossana Bussani, Roberto Luzzati, Roberto Di Lenarda, and Matteo Biasotto, “Combined Orofacial Aspergillosis and Mucormycosis: Fatal Complication of a Recurrent Paediatric Glioma—Case Report and Review of Literature,” Mycopathologia, 2016.
- Carina Pedrosa Costa, Diogo Goncalves Silva, Alisa Rudnitskaya, Adelaide Almeida, and Slvia M. Rocha, “Shedding light on Aspergillus niger volatile exometabolome,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, 2016.
- Beata Sulik-Tyszka, Piotr Kacprzyk, Krzysztof Mądry, Bogna Ziarkiewicz-Wróblewska, Wiesław Jędrzejczak, and Marta Wróblewska, “Aspergillosis of the Heart and Lung and Review of Published Reports on Fungal Endocarditis,” Mycopathologia, 2016.
- Daniel H. Scharf, Axel A. Brakhage, and Prasun K. Mukherjee, “Gliotoxin - bane or boon?,” Environmental Microbiology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1096–1109, 2016.
- Dieter Buchheidt, Mark Reinwald, Birgit Spiess, Tobias Boch, Wolf-Karsten Hofmann, Andreas H. Groll, and Thomas Lehrnbecher, “Biomarker-based diagnostic work-up of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in immunocompromised paediatric patients - is Aspergillus PCR appropriate?,” Mycoses, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 67–74, 2016.
- H. Mirhendi, F. Zarei, M. Motamedi, and S. Nouripour-Sisakht, “Aspergillus tubingensis and Aspergillus niger as the dominant black Aspergillus, use of simple PCR-RFLP for preliminary differentiation,” Journal de Mycologie Médicale / Journal of Medical Mycology, 2016.