- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Smart Materials Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 695475, 8 pages
Morphing of Bistable Composite Laminates Using Distributed Piezoelectric Actuators
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Université Laval, Quebec City, QC, G1V 0A6, Canada
Received 15 December 2011; Accepted 20 February 2012
Academic Editor: Michael W. Hyer
Copyright © 2012 Marie-Laure Dano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. W. Hyer, “The room-temperature shapes of four-layer unsymmetric cross-ply laminates,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 318–340, 1982.
- H. Akira and M. W. Hye, “Non-linear temperature-curvature relationships for unsymmetric graphite-epoxy laminates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 919–935, 1987.
- M. L. Dano and M. W. Hyer, “Thermally-induced deformation behavior of unsymmetric laminates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 35, no. 17, pp. 2101–2120, 1998.
- M. L. Dano and M. W. Hyer, “The response of unsymmetric laminates to simple applied forces,” Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 65–80, 1996.
- M. R. Schultz and M. W. Hyer, “Snap-through of unsymmetric cross-ply laminates using piezoceramic actuators,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 795–814, 2003.
- W. Hufenbach, M. Gude, and L. Kroll, “Design of multistable composites for application in adaptive structures,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 62, no. 16, pp. 2201–2207, 2002.
- M. L. Dano and M. W. Hyer, “SMA-induced snap-through of unsymmetric fiber-reinforced composite laminates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 40, no. 22, pp. 5949–5972, 2003.
- M. R. Schultz, W. K. Wilkie, and R. G. Bryant, “Investigation of self-resetting active multistable laminates,” Journal of Aircraft, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1069–1076, 2007.
- P. Portela, P. Camanho, P. Weaver, and I. Bond, “Analysis of morphing, multi stable structures actuated by piezoelectric patches,” Computers and Structures, vol. 86, no. 3–5, pp. 347–356, 2008.
- F. Mattioni, P. M. Weaver, K. D. Potter, and M. I. Friswell, “Analysis of thermally induced multistable composites,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 657–675, 2008.
- M. Gigliotti, M. R. Wisnom, and K. D. Potter, “Loss of bifurcation and multiple shapes of thin [0/90] unsymmetric composite plates subject to thermal stress,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 109–128, 2004.
- S. Tawfik, Xinyan Tan, S. Ozbay, and E. Armanios, “Anticlastic stability modeling for cross-ply composites,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1325–1338, 2007.