- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 183256, 8 pages
Comparison between Ischemic Stroke Patients <50 Years and ≥50 Years Admitted to a Single Centre: The Bergen Stroke Study
1Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital, N-5021 Bergen, Norway
2Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N-5020 Bergen, Norway
Received 15 September 2010; Revised 1 December 2010; Accepted 23 December 2010
Academic Editor: Turgut Tatlisumak
Copyright © 2011 Annette Fromm et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Fudong Liu, and Louise D. McCullough, “Interactions between age, sex, and hormones in experimental ischemic stroke,” Neurochemistry International, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 1255–1265, 2012.
- Li-Nien Tseng, Yao-Hsien Tseng, Yi-Der Jiang, Chia-Hsuin Chang, Ching-Hu Chung, Boniface J. Lin, Lee-Ming Chuang, Tong-Yuan Tai, and Wayne H.-H. Sheu, “Prevalence of hypertension and dyslipidemia and their associations with micro- and macrovascular diseases in patients with diabetes in Taiwan: An analysis of nationwide data for 2000-2009,” Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, vol. 111, no. 11, pp. 625–636, 2012.
- H. Naess, U. Waje-Andreassen, and H. Nyland, “Risk factor burden predicts long-term mortality in young patients with arterial cerebral infarction,” Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 92–96, 2013.
- N. Yesilot Barlas, J. Putaala, U. Waje-Andreassen, S. Vassilopoulou, K. Nardi, C. Odier, G. Hofgart, S. Engelter, A. Burow, L. Mihalka, M. Kloss, J. Ferrari, R. Lemmens, O. Coban, E. Haapaniemi, N. Maaijwee, L. Rutten-Jacobs, A. Bersano, C. Cereda, P. Baron, L. Borellini, C. Valcarenghi, L. Thomassen, A. J. Grau, F. Palm, C. Urbanek, R. Tuncay, A. Durukan Tolvanen, E. J. van Dijk, F. -E. de Leeuw, V. Thijs, S. Greisenegger, K. Vemmos, C. Lichy, D. Bereczki, L. Csiba, P. Michel, D. Leys, K. Spengos, H. Naess, T. Tatlisumak, and S. Z. Bahar, “Etiology of first-ever ischaemic stroke in European young adults: the 15 cities young stroke study,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1431–1439, 2013.
- Wazim Mohamed, Pratik Bhattacharya, and Seemant Chaturvedi, “Early Access to a Neurologist Reduces the Rate of Missed Diagnosis in Young Strokes,” Journal of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. E332–E337, 2013.
- Karel K-J Kuiper, David Russell, Elin Laxdal, Turgut Tatlisumak, Ulrike Waje-Andreassen, Christian A. Vedeler, Halvor Naess, Geir Egil Eide, Jostein Krakenes, Eva Gerdts, Terje H. Larsen, Lars Thomassen, and Rudy Meijer, “The Norwegian Stroke in the Young Study (NOR-SYS): Rationale and design,” Bmc Neurology, vol. 13, 2013.
- Yu-Ching Cheng, John W. Cole, Steven J. Kittner, and Braxton D. Mitchell, “Genetics of Ischemic Stroke in Young Adults,” Circulation-Cardiovascular Genetics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 383–392, 2014.
- Amit K. Kishore, Andy Vail, Angel Chamorro, Javier Garau, Stephen J. Hopkins, Mario Di Napoli, Lalit Kalra, Peter Langhorne, Joan Montaner, Christine Roffe, Anthony G. Rudd, Pippa J. Tyrrell, Diederik van de Beek, Mark Woodhead, Andreas Meisel, and Craig J. Smith, “How Is Pneumonia Diagnosed in Clinical Stroke Research? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Stroke, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 1202–1209, 2015.
- Rajeev Ojha, Dongya Huang, Hedi An, Rong Liu, Cui Du, Nan Shen, Zhilan Tu, and Ying Li, “Distribution of ischemic infarction and stenosis of intra- and extracranial arteries in young Chinese patients with ischemic stroke,” Bmc Cardiovascular Disorders, vol. 15, 2015.
- Bettina von Sarnowski, Ulf Schminke, Ulrike Grittner, Franz Fazekas, Christian Tanislav, Manfred Kaps, Turgut Tatlisumak, Jukka Putaala, Karl Georg Haeusler, Alexandre Decio Borges do Amaral e Silva, Justin A. Kinsella, Dominick J. H. McCabe, W. Oliver Tobin, Roman Huber, Johann Willeit, Martin Furtner, Ulf Bodechtel, Arndt Rolfs, Christof Kessler, and Michael G. Hennerici, “Cervical Artery Dissection in Young Adults in the Stroke in Young Fabry Patients (sifap1) Study,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 110–121, 2015.
- Annette Fromm, Oystein Ariansen Haaland, Halvor Naess, Lars Thomassen, and Ulrike Waje-Andreassen, “Atherosclerosis in Trial of Org 10172 in Acute Stroke Treatment Subtypes among Young and Middle-Aged Stroke Patients: The Norwegian Stroke in the Youn,” Journal Of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 825–830, 2016.
- Yusuke S. Hori, Satoshi Kodera, Yasunori Sato, and Toshiaki Shiojiri, “Eosinopenia as a Predictive Factor of the Short-Term Risk of Mortality and Infection after Acute Cerebral Infarction,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2016.
- A. Nacu, A. Fromm, K. M. Sand, U. Waje-Andreassen, L. Thomassen, and H. Naess, “Age dependency of ischaemic stroke subtypes and vascular risk factors in western Norway: the Bergen Norwegian Stroke Cooperation Study,” Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 202–207, 2016.