- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 209370, 9 pages
Epidemiology and Etiology of Young Stroke
1Department of Neurology, Gosford Hospital, P.O. Box 361, Gosford, NSW 2250, Australia
2Department of Medicine, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Received 16 September 2010; Revised 12 December 2010; Accepted 27 March 2011
Academic Editor: Janika Kõrv
Copyright © 2011 Dayna Griffiths and Jonathan Sturm. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J.-C. Gris, S. Bouvier, N. Molinari, J.-P. Galanaud, E. Cochery-Nouvellon, E. Mercier, P. Fabbro-Peray, J.-P. Balducchi, P. Mares, I. Quere, and M. Dauzat, “Comparative incidence of a first thrombotic event in purely obstetric antiphospholipid syndrome with pregnancy loss: the NOH-APS observational study,” Blood, vol. 119, no. 11, pp. 2624–2632, 2011.
- A. Y. Gur, D. Tanne, N. M. Bornstein, R. Milo, E. Auriel, L. Shopin, and S. Koton, “Stroke in the Very Elderly: Characteristics and Outcome in Patients Aged >= 85 Years with a First-Ever Ischemic Stroke,” Neuroepidemiology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 2012.
- Jagdish C. Maharaj, and Mahendra Reddy, “Young Stroke Mortality in Fiji Islands: An Economic Analysis of National Human Capital Resource Loss,” ISRN Neurology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Sabine Mueller, Katherine Sear, Nancy K. Hills, Nassim Chettout, Shervin Afghani, Erica Gastelum, Daphne Haas-Kogan, and Heather J. Fullerton, “Risk of first and recurrent stroke in childhood cancer survivors treated with cranial and cervical radiation therapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 643–648, 2013.
- Sabine Mueller, Charles A. Sklar, Daniel C. Bowers, Leslie L. Robison, Kevin R. Krull, Heather J. Fullerton, Kayla Stratton, Wendy Leisenring, Rita E. Weathers, Marilyn Stovall, Gregory T. Armstrong, Robert E. Goldsby, and Roger J. Packer, “Radiation, atherosclerotic risk factors, and stroke risk in survivors of pediatric cancer: A report from the childhood cancer survivor study,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 649–655, 2013.
- Tathagata Chatterjee, Neha Gupta, Ved Prakash Choudhry, Madhuri Behari, Renu Saxena, and Mohammad Z. Ashraf, “Prediction of ischemic stroke in young Indians: is thrombophilia profiling a way out?,” Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 449–453, 2013.
- Bettina Von Sarnowski, Michael G. Hennerici, Franz Fazekas, Bo Norrving, Christof Kessler, Arndt Rolfs, Ulf Schminke, Turgut Tatlisumak, Jukka Putaala, Ulrike Grittner, Manfred Kaps, William O. Tobin, Justin A. Kinsella, and Dominick J.H. McCabe, “Prevalence of stenoses and occlusions of brain-supplying arteries in young stroke patients,” Neurology, vol. 80, no. 14, pp. 1287–1294, 2013.
- Katherine Gaudreau, Carolyn J. Sanford, Connie Cheverie, and Carol McClure, “The Effect of a Smoking Ban on Hospitalization Rates for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Conditions in Prince Edward Island, Canada,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Motahare Kheradmand, Hideshi Niimura, Kazuyo Kuwabara, Noriko Nakahata, Akihiko Nakamura, Shin Ogawa, Eva Mariane Mantjoro, Keiichi Shimatani, Yasuhito Nerome, Tetsuhiro Owaki, Ken Kusano, and Toshiro Takezaki, “Association of Inflammatory Gene Polymorphisms and Conventional Risk Factors With Arterial Stiffness by Age,” Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 457–465, 2013.
- Halvor Øygarden, Christopher Elnan Kvistad, Lars Thomassen, Ulrike Waje-Andreassen, and Halvor Naess, “Does a History of Migraine Affect the Rate of Thrombolysis in Young Stroke Patients?,” Stroke Research and Treatment, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- L. Sordo, B. I. Indave, G. Barrio, L. Degenhardt, L. de la Fuente, and M. J. Bravo, “Cocaine use and risk of stroke: A systematic review,” Drug and Alcohol Dependence, vol. 142, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- Melissa Muller, Susan Toth-Cohen, and Mj Mulcahey, “Development and Evaluation of a Hospital-Based Peer Support Group for Younger Individuals with Stroke,” Occupational Therapy in Health Care, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 277–295, 2014.
- Won-Bin Park, Jin-Seong Cho, Sang-Do Shin, So-Yeon Kong, Jin-Joo Kim, Yong-Su Lim, Hyuk-Jun Yang, and Gun Lee, “Comparison of Epidemiology, Emergency Care, and Outcomes of Acute Ischemic Stroke between Young Adults and Elderly in Korean Population: A Multicenter Observational Study,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 985–991, 2014.
- Qiyun Shi, Junji Chen, Jitphapa Pongmoragot, Sylvain Lanthier, and Gustavo Saposnik, “Prevalence of Fabry Disease in Stroke Patients-A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis,” Journal of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 985–992, 2014.
- Rosaria Renna, Fabio Pilato, Paolo Profice, Giacomo Della Marca, Aldobrando Broccolini, Roberta Morosetti, Giovanni Frisullo, Elena Rossi, Valerio De Stefano, and Vincenzo Di Lazzaro, “Risk Factor and Etiology Analysis of Ischemic Stroke in Young Adult Patients,” Journal of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. E221–E227, 2014.
- C.-H. Tseng, J.-H. Chen, C.-H. Muo, Y.-J. Chang, F.-C. Sung, and C. Y. Hsu, “Increased risk of ischaemic stroke amongst patients with chronic osteomyelitis: a population-based cohort study in Taiwan,” European Journal of Neurology, 2014.
- Michael Holmes, John Rathbone, Chris Littlewood, Andrew Rawdin, Matt Stevenson, John Stevens, Rachel Archer, Pippa Evans, and Jenny Wang, “Routine echocardiography in the management of stroke and transient ischaemic attack: a systematic review and economic evaluation,” Health Technology Assessment, vol. 18, no. 16, pp. 1–+, 2014.
- Anne Gompel, and Genevieve Plu-Bureau, “Are we overestimating the stroke risk related to contraceptive pills?,” Current Opinion in Neurology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2014.
- Changhao Yin, Siou Li, Weina Zhao, Yanqin Guo, Ying Zhang, and Jiachun Feng, “The role of fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 polymorphisms in the susceptibility and clinical features of ischemic stroke,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 246–249, 2014.
- Kwang-Hwa Chang, Yen-Nung Lin, Hua-Fang Liao, Chia-Feng Yen, Reuben Escorpizo, Tze-Hsun Yen, and Tsan-Hon Liou, “Environmental effects on WHODAS 2.0 among patients with stroke with a focus on ICF category e120,” Quality of Life Research, 2014.
- Alberto Maino, Frits R. Rosendaal, Ale Algra, Flora Peyvandi, and Bob Siegerink, “Hypercoagulability Is a Stronger Risk Factor for Ischaemic Stroke than for Myocardial Infarction: A Systematic Review,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 8, 2015.
- Daniel Sanak, Martin Hutyra, Michal Kral, Andrea Bartkova, Jana Zapletalova, Marian Fedorco, Tomas Veverka, David Vindis, Tomas Dornak, Tomas Skala, David Skoloudik, Milos Taborsky, and Petr Kanovsky, “Atrial Fibrillation in Young Ischemic Stroke Patients: An Underestimated Cause?,” European Neurology, vol. 73, no. 3-4, pp. 158–163, 2015.