- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 535672, 5 pages
Incidence of Stroke in Young Adults: A Review
1Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Sanità Pubblica, Università degli Studi L'Aquila Coppito, 67010 L'Aquila, Italy
2Casa di Cura San Raffaele, 67039 Sulmona, Italy
Received 15 September 2010; Accepted 18 November 2010
Academic Editor: Turgut Tatlisumak
Copyright © 2011 Carmine Marini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elisabetta Groppo, Riccardo De Gennaro, Gino Granieri, Patrik Fazio, Edward Cesnik, Enrico Granieri, and Ilaria Casetta, “Incidence and prognosis of stroke in young adults: a population-based study in Ferrara, Italy,” Neurological Sciences, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2012.
- Farhan Siddiq, Saqib A. Chaudhry, Gabriela Vazquez, Mohammad Fareed Khan Suri, and Adnan I. Qureshi, “Intracranial Stenosis in Young Patients: Unique Characteristics and Risk Fa ctors,” Neuroepidemiology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 148–153, 2012.
- Ya-Ju Lin, and Helen L. Po, “Comparison of the Risk Factor Profile, Stroke Subtypes, and Outcomes Betwee n Stroke Patients Aged 65 Years or Younger and Elderly Stroke Patients: A H ospital-based Study,” International Journal of Gerontology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 205–208, 2013.
- Reena Sharma, Ahai Luvai, and Robert Barski, “Stroke in a young man,” Bmj-British Medical Journal, vol. 347, 2013.
- Seiji Ohtani, Keiko Shimizu, Masaru Asari, Chikatoshi Maseda, Kumiko Oka, Hiromi Yamada, Chisato Hoshina, Hiroki Doi, Daisuke Yajima, and Hiroshi Shiono, “Brain stem hemorrhage due to cerebral amyloid angiopathy: The autopsy of a patient with Alzheimer's disease at a young age,” Legal Medicine, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 98–101, 2014.