- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 560831, 4 pages
Results of Surgical and Nonsurgical Treatment of Aneurysms in a Developing Country
1Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Neurology, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 91766-99199, Iran
2Resident of Neurology, Ghaem Hospital, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad 91766-9919, Iran
Received 26 July 2010; Revised 2 March 2011; Accepted 2 March 2011
Academic Editor: Turgut Tatlisumak
Copyright © 2011 Kavian Ghandehari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Van Gijn and G. J. E. Rinkel, “Subarachnoid haemorrhage: diagnosis, causes and management,” Brain, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 249–278, 2001.
- J. B. Bederson, E. S. Connolly, H. H. Batjer et al., “Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a statement for healthcare professionals from a special writing group of the stroke council, American heart association,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 994–1025, 2009.
- W. R. Selman, D Hsu, RW Tarr, and RA. Ratcheson, “Intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid hemorrhage,” in Neurology in Clinical Practice, W. G. Bradley, R. B. Daroff, G. M. Fenichel, and J. Jankovic, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 1251–1254, Butterworth-Heinemann, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2008.
- C. P. Warlow, M. S. Dennis, and J. V. Gijn, Stroke: A Practical Guide to Management, Blackwell Science, London, UK, 3rd edition, 2007.
- J. P. Mohr and J. P. kistler, “Intracranial aneurysms,” in Stroke Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Management, H. J. M. Barnett, J. P. Mohr, B. M. Stein, and F. M. Yatsu, Eds., pp. 716–717, Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2004.
- S. M. Rakei, E. A. Alibai, M. Taghipour, and A. R. Rahmanian, “Cerebral aneurysm in patients suffering from spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage in Southern Iran,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 225–229, 2008.
- J. P. Weaver, “Subarchnoid hemorrhage,” in Stroke Therapy, M. Fisher, Ed., pp. 310–311, Butterwirth-Heineman, Boston, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- N. F. Kassell, J. C. Torner, J. A. Jane, E. C. Haley, and H. P. Adams, “The International Cooperative Study on the Timing of Aneurysm Surgery. Part 2: surgical results,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 37–47, 1990.
- Y. B. W. E. M. Roos, L. F. M. Beenen, R. J. M. Groen, K. W. Albrecht, and M. Vermeulen, “Timing of surgery in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage: rebleeding is still the major cause of poor outcome in neurosurgical units that aim at early surgery,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 490–493, 1997.
- N. Ross, P. J. Hutchinson, H. Seeley, and P. J. Kirkpatrick, “Timing of surgery for supratentorial aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage: report of a prospective study,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 480–484, 2002.
- W. I. Schievink, E. F. M. Wijdicks, D. G. Piepgras, C. P. Chu, W. M. O'Fallon, and J. P. Whisnant, “The poor prognosis of ruptured intracranial aneurysms of the posterior circulation,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 791–795, 1995.
- R. L. Macdonald and B. Weir, “Intracranial aneurysms: surgical approach,” in Cerebrovascular Disease; Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Management, M. D. Ginsberg and J. Bogousslavsky, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 2023–2027, Blackwell Science, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2004.