- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 601416, 10 pages
Physical Therapy Adjuvants to Promote Optimization of Walking Recovery after Stroke
Rehabilitation Research and Development Service, Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center, Department of Health Science and Research and Division of Physical Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina, 77 President Street, MSC 700, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Received 16 January 2011; Revised 6 July 2011; Accepted 13 July 2011
Academic Editor: Dorian Rose
Copyright © 2011 Mark G. Bowden et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bruce H. Dobkin, and Pamela W. Duncan, “Should Body Weight-Supported Treadmill Training and Robotic-Assistive Stepp ers for Locomotor Training Trot Back to the Starting Gate?,” Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 308–317, 2012.
- Mark G. Bowden, Aaron E. Embry, Lindsay A. Perry, and Pamela W. Duncan, “Rehabilitation of Walking After Stroke,” Current Treatment Options in Neurology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 521–530, 2012.
- Swati Mehta, Shelialah Pereira, Ricardo Viana, Rachel Mays, Amanda McIntyre, Shannon Janzen, and Robert W. Teasell, “Resistance Training for Gait Speed and Total Distance Walked During the Chr onic Stage of Stroke: A Meta-Analysis,” Topics In Stroke Rehabilitation, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 471–478, 2012.
- Mark G. Bowden, Andrea L. Behrman, Richard R. Neptune, Chris M. Gregory, and Steven A. Kautz, “Locomotor Rehabilitation of Individuals With Chronic Stroke: Difference Bet ween Responders and Nonresponders,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 856–862, 2013.
- Talita Dias Da Silva, Viviani Barnabé, Luiz Carlos De Abreu, Rodrigo Daminello Raimundo, Celso Ferreira, Camila Torriani-Pasin, Carlos Bandeira De Mello Monteiro, Osmar Aparecido Theodoro Júnior, Vitor E Valenti, Fernando Adami, and Eliane Pires De Oliveira, “Comparison between the six-minute walk test and the six-minute step test in post stroke patients,” International Archives of Medicine, vol. 6, no. 1, 2013.
- Shmuel Springer, Yocheved Laufer, Meni Becher, and Jean-Jacques Vatine, “Dual-channel functional electrical stimulation improvements in speed-based gait classifications,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 8, pp. 271–277, 2013.