- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 692595, 4 pages
Neckties and Cerebrovascular Reactivity in Young Healthy Males: A Pilot Randomised Crossover Trial
Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, College of Medical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Received 11 August 2010; Revised 14 October 2010; Accepted 20 October 2010
Academic Editor: Halvor Naess
Copyright © 2011 Mark Rafferty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Windecker and B. Meier, “Is closure recommended for patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke? Patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke: to close or not to close? Closure: what else!,” Circulation, vol. 118, no. 19, pp. 1989–1998, 2008.
- S. R. Messé and S. E. Kasner, “Is closure recommended for patent foramen ovale and cryptogenic stroke? Patent foramen ovale in cryptogenic stroke: not to close,” Circulation, vol. 118, no. 19, pp. 1999–2004, 2008.
- S. Martin-Schild, K. C. Albright, H. Hallevi et al., “Intracerebral hemorrhage in cocaine users,” Stroke, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 680–684, 2010.
- B. R. Thanvi and S. D. Treadwell, “Cannabis and stroke: is there a link?” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 85, no. 1000, pp. 80–83, 2009.
- P. Tally and P. D. O'Brien, “Does extended wear of a tight necktie cause raised intraocular pressure?” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 508–510, 2005.
- C. Teng, R. Gurses-Ozden, J. M. Liebmann, C. Tello, and R. Ritch, “Effect of a tight necktie on intraocular pressure,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 946–948, 2003.
- B. Forster, “Health matters—tight collars,” Science, vol. 15, p. 236, 1890.
- M. Müller, M. Voges, U. Piepgras, and K. Schimrigk, “Assessment of cerebral vasomotor reactivity by transcranial Doppler ultrasound and breath-holding: a comparison with acetazolamide as vasodilatory stimulus,” Stroke, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 96–100, 1995.
- R. J. O. Davies, N. J. Ali, and J. R. Stradling, “Neck circumference and other clinical features in the diagnosis of the obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome,” Thorax, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 1992.
- M. E. Dyken and K. B. Im, “Obstructive sleep apnea and stroke,” Chest, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 1668–1677, 2009.
- L. M. Langan and S. M. Watkins, “Pressure of menswear on the neck in relation to visual performance,” Human Factors, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 67–71, 1987.
- R. R. Diehl, “Cerebral autoregulation studies in clinical practice,” European Journal of Ultrasound, vol. 16, no. 1-2, pp. 31–36, 2002.
- L. L. L. Yeo and V. K. Sharma, “Role of transcranial doppler ultrasonography in cerebrovascular disease,” Recent Patents on CNS Drug Discovery, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2010.
- G. Settakis, C. Molnár, L. Kerényi et al., “Acetazolamide as a vasodilatory stimulus in cerebrovascular diseases and in conditions affecting the cerebral vasculature,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 609–620, 2003.