- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 735057, 3 pages
Intravenous Thrombolysis of Occlusion in the Middle Cerebral and Retinal Arteries from Presumed Ventricular Myxoma
1Department of Neurology, Chia-Yi Christian Hospital, 539 Chung-Shao Road, Chia-Yi 60002, Taiwan
2Department of Physical Therapy, Shu Zen College of Medicine and Management, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
3Department of Cardiology, Chia-Yi Christian Hospital, 539 Chung-Shao Road, Chia-Yi 60002, Taiwan
Received 30 July 2010; Accepted 8 November 2010
Academic Editor: Halvor Naess
Copyright © 2011 Cheung-Ter Ong and Rei-Yeuh Chang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. E. Knepper, J. Biller, H. P. Adams Jr., and A. Bruno, “Neurologic manifestions of atrial myxoma. A 12-year experience and review,” Stroke, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1435–1440, 1988.
- F. O'Rourke, N. Dean, M. S. Mouradian, N. Akhtar, and A. Shuaib, “Atrial myxoma as a cause of stroke: case report and discussion,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 169, no. 10, pp. 1049–1051, 2003.
- M. F. Bauer, H. Aebert, H. Zurbrugg, J. Ruschoff, and D. E. Birnbaum, “Torsades de pointes arrhythmia in a patient with left ventricular myxoma,” Chest, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 1876–1878, 1994.
- W. K. Nasser, “Atrial myxoma,” Chest, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 207–209, 1971.
- V. H. Lee, H. M. Connolly, and R. D. Brown Jr., “Central nervous system manifestations of cardiac myxoma,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 1115–1120, 2007.
- R. E. D. Bautista, “Embolic stroke following thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction in a patient with preexisting ventricular thrombi,” Stroke, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 324–325, 1995.
- V. M. Abascal, J. Kasznica, G. Aldea, and R. Davidoff, “Left atrial myxoma and acute myocardial infarction: a dangerous duo in the thrombolytic agent era,” Chest, vol. 109, no. 4, pp. 1106–1108, 1996.
- L. Derex, N. Nighoghossian, M. Perinetti, J. Honnorat, and P. Trouillas, “Thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke patients with cardiac thrombus,” Neurology, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 2122–2125, 2001.
- C. C. Trabuco, P. A. Pereira de Jesus, A. S. Bacellar, and J. Oliveira-Filho, “Successful thrombolysis in cardioembolic stroke from Chagas disease,” Neurology, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 170–171, 2005.
- I. Bekavac, J. P. Hanna, R. C. Wallace, J. Powers, N. B. Ratliff, and A. J. Furlan, “Intra-arterial thrombolysis of embolic proximal middle cerebral artery occlusion from presumed atrial myxoma,” Neurology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 618–620, 1997.
- C. D. Nagy, M. Levy, T. J. Mulhearn 4th et al., “Safe and effective intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke caused by left atrial myxoma,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 398–402, 2009.