- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 830614, 8 pages
Infection after Acute Ischemic Stroke: Risk Factors, Biomarkers, and Outcome
1Department of Neurology, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Ernst-Grube-Strasse 40, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
2Department of Neurology, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
3Department of General Surgery, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
4Central Laboratory, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
5Division of Neurocritical Care, Neurological Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 710 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 22 February 2011; Accepted 31 March 2011
Academic Editor: Byung Woo Yoon
Copyright © 2011 Katja E. Wartenberg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li-Jun Cao, Jin Wang, Pan-Pan Hao, Chun-Li Sun, and Yu-Guo Chen, “Effects of Ulinastatin, a Urinary Trypsin Inhibitor, on Synaptic Plasticity and Spatial Memory in a Rat Model of Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury,” Chinese Journal of Physiology, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 435–442, 2011.
- David Salat, Mireia Campos, and Joan Montaner, “Advances in the pathophysiology and management of infections in the acute p hase of stroke,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 139, no. 15, pp. 681–687, 2012.
- Felix Fluri, Nils G. Morgenthaler, Beat Mueller, Mirjam Christ-Crain, and Mira Katan, “Copeptin, Procalcitonin and Routine Inflammatory Markers-Predictors of Infe ction after Stroke,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Gill Horsfield, Mary Gawne-Cain, Timothy Bryant, Giles Durward, Joseph Kwan, and Christopher D. Byrne, “IL-6 is a predictive biomarker for stroke associated infection and future m ortality in the elderly after an ischemic stroke,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 960–965, 2013.
- David Salat, Anna Penalba, Teresa Garcia-Berrocoso, Mireia Campos-Martorell, Alan Flores, Jorge Pagola, Alejandro Bustamante, Manuel Quintana, Dolors Giralt, Carlos Molina, Jose Alvarez-Sabin, and Joan Montaner, “Immunological Biomarkers Improve the Accuracy of Clinical Risk Models of In fection in the Acute Phase of Ischemic Stroke,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 220–227, 2013.