- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 830614, 8 pages
Infection after Acute Ischemic Stroke: Risk Factors, Biomarkers, and Outcome
1Department of Neurology, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Ernst-Grube-Strasse 40, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
2Department of Neurology, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
3Department of General Surgery, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
4Central Laboratory, Klinikum Altenburger Land, Am Waldessaum 10, 04600 Altenburg, Germany
5Division of Neurocritical Care, Neurological Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 710 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 22 February 2011; Accepted 31 March 2011
Academic Editor: Byung Woo Yoon
Copyright © 2011 Katja E. Wartenberg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li-Jun Cao, Jin Wang, Pan-Pan Hao, Chun-Li Sun, and Yu-Guo Chen, “Effects of Ulinastatin, a Urinary Trypsin Inhibitor, on Synaptic Plasticity and Spatial Memory in a Rat Model of Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury,” Chinese Journal of Physiology, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 435–442, 2011.
- Andreas Meisel, Christian Meisel, Hendrik Harms, Oliver Hartmann, and Lena Ulm, “Predicting post-stroke infections and outcome with blood-based immune and stress markers,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 580–588, 2012.
- David Salat, Mireia Campos, and Joan Montaner, “Advances in the pathophysiology and management of infections in the acute p hase of stroke,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 139, no. 15, pp. 681–687, 2012.
- Felix Fluri, Nils G. Morgenthaler, Beat Mueller, Mirjam Christ-Crain, and Mira Katan, “Copeptin, Procalcitonin and Routine Inflammatory Markers-Predictors of Infe ction after Stroke,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Amelia K. Boehme, Niren Kapoor, Karen C. Albright, Michael J. Lyerly, Pawan V. Rawal, Reza Bavarsad Shahripour, Muhammad Alvi, J. Thomas Houston, April Sisson, T. Mark Beasley, Anne W. Alexandrov, and Andrei V. Alexandrov, “Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome in Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activato r-Treated Patients is Associated With Worse Short-term Functional Outcome,” Stroke, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 2321–2323, 2013.
- Jenna Broman, Elena Haapaniemi, Markku Kaste, Turgut Tatlisumak, and Jukka Putaala, “Preceding and Poststroke Infections in Young Adults With First-Ever Ischemi c Stroke Effect on Short-Term and Long-Term Outcomes,” Stroke, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 3331–3337, 2013.
- J. Scott Pannell, and Alexander A. Khalessi, “Risk-Stratification of Ischemic Stroke Patients on the Basis of Anatomic Criteria Essential to the Prevention of Hospital-Acquired Conditions and Performance Along Patient Safety Indicators,” World Neurosurgery, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 777–779, 2013.
- Benjamin Berger, Christoph Gumbinger, Thorsten Steiner, and Marek Sykora, “Epidemiologic features, risk factors, and outcome of sepsis in stroke patients treated on a neurologic intensive care unit,” Journal of Critical Care, 2013.
- Lena Ulm, Stephanie Ohlraun, Hendrik Harms, Sarah Hoffmann, Juliane Klehmet, Stefan Ebmeyer, Oliver Hartmann, Christian Meisel, and Stefan D. Anker, “STRoke Adverse outcome is associated WIth NoSocomial Infections (STRAWINSKI ): procalcitonin ultrasensitive-guided antibacterial therapy in severe isch aemic stroke patients - rationale and protocol for a randomized controlled trial,” International Journal of Stroke, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 598–603, 2013.
- Gill Horsfield, Mary Gawne-Cain, Timothy Bryant, Giles Durward, Joseph Kwan, and Christopher D. Byrne, “IL-6 is a predictive biomarker for stroke associated infection and future m ortality in the elderly after an ischemic stroke,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 960–965, 2013.
- David Salat, Anna Penalba, Teresa Garcia-Berrocoso, Mireia Campos-Martorell, Alan Flores, Jorge Pagola, Alejandro Bustamante, Manuel Quintana, Dolors Giralt, Carlos Molina, Jose Alvarez-Sabin, and Joan Montaner, “Immunological Biomarkers Improve the Accuracy of Clinical Risk Models of In fection in the Acute Phase of Ischemic Stroke,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 220–227, 2013.
- Dirk Braemer, Heike Hoyer, Albrecht Guenther, Samuel Nowack, Frank M. Brunkhorst, and Otto W. Witte, “Study protocol: prediction of stroke associated infections by markers of au tonomic control,” Bmc Neurology, vol. 14, 2014.
- A. Vogelgesang, and K. J. Becker, “Immunological consequences of ischemic stroke,” Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2014.