- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 176806, 10 pages
A Pilot Evaluation of On-Road Detection Performance by Drivers with Hemianopia Using Oblique Peripheral Prisms
1Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School,
20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
2CARA Department, Belgian Road Safety Institute, 1130 Brussels, Belgium
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 24 October 2012
Academic Editor: Stefano Paolucci
Copyright © 2012 Alex R. Bowers et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P. Matthew Bronstad, Alex R. Bowers, Amanda Albu, Robert B. Goldstein, and Eli Peli, “Central visual field loss and driving - Reply,” JAMA Ophthalmology, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 820–821, 2013.
- Marco A. Zarbin, “Apical Scotomata, Confusion, and Diplopia,” Jama Ophthalmology, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 790–790, 2013.
- Adam M. Moss, and Andrew R. Harrison, “Infiltration of the Optic Chiasm, Nerve, and Disc by Gliomatosis Cerebri,” Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 2014.
- Alex R. Bowers, Egor Ananyev, Aaron J. Mandel, Robert B. Goldstein, and Eli Peli, “Driving With Hemianopia: IV. Head Scanning and Detection at Intersections in a Simulator,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1540–1548, 2014.
- Enkelejda Kasneci, Katrin Sippel, Kathrin Aehling, Martin Heister, Wolfgang Rosenstiel, Ulrich Schiefer, and Elena Papageorgiou, “Driving with Binocular Visual Field Loss? A Study on a Supervised On-Road Parcours with Simultaneous Eye and Head Tracking,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Alex R. Bowers, Karen Keeney, and Eli Peli, “Randomized Crossover Clinical Trial of Real and Sham Peripheral Prism Glasses for Hemianopia,” Jama Ophthalmology, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 214–222, 2014.
- Concetta F. Alberti, Eli Peli, and Alex R. Bowers, “Driving With Hemianopia: III. Detection of Stationary and Approaching Pedestrians in a Simulator,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 368–374, 2014.