- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 295906, 12 pages
Application of Mild Therapeutic Hypothermia on Stroke: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Department of Biosciences, Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation, Los Angeles, Panorama City, P.O. Box 4832 CA 91412, USA
Received 27 October 2011; Accepted 6 December 2011
Academic Editor: Chelsea S. Kidwell
Copyright © 2012 Shaheen E. Lakhan and Fabricio Pamplona. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ao Xia, Xiang-Rong Liu, and Yu-Min Lou, “Mechanisms of therapeutic hypothermia preserving the integrity of blood-brain barrier in ischemic cerebral vascular diseases,” Chinese Journal of Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 445–448, 2012.
- Ségolène Mrozek, Fanny Vardon, and Thomas Geeraerts, “Brain temperature: Physiology and pathophysiology after brain injury,” Anesthesiology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Thomas I. Nathaniel, Effiong E. Otukonyong, Marvin Okon, Jose Chaves, Thomas Cochran, and Adebobola I. Nathaniel, “Metabolic regulatory clues from the naked mole rat: Toward brain regulatory functions during stroke,” Brain Research Bulletin, vol. 98, pp. 44–52, 2013.
- Mar Hernandez-Guillamon, Laura Ortega, Cristina Merino-Zamorano, Mireia Campos-Martorell, Anna Rosell, and Joan Montaner, “Mild hypothermia protects against oxygen glucose deprivation (OGD)-induced cell death in brain slices from adult mice,” Journal of Neural Transmission, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 113–117, 2014.
- Fan Chen, Zhifeng Qi, Yuming Luo, Taylor Hinchliffe, Guanghong Ding, Ying Xia, and Xunming Ji, “Non-pharmaceutical therapies for stroke: Mechanisms and clinical implications,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2014.
- Arshad Majid, “Neuroprotection in Stroke: Past, Present, and Future,” ISRN Neurology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–17, 2014.