- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 298375, 6 pages
The Influence of Resistance Exercise Training on the Levels of Anxiety in Ischemic Stroke
1Department of Sports, Science, Exercise, and Health, University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, 5000-911 Vila Real, Portugal
25th Battalion of the Military Fire Brigade, Fire Brigade of the State of Minas Gerais, New Horizons Program, 38.406-090 Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
3Department of Physical Education, University of Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
4Departments of Kinesiology, and Physiology, Center for Health Disparities Research, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858-4353, USA
Received 5 May 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Disa Sommerfeld
Copyright © 2012 Felipe José Aidar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- André Luiz da Silva Teixeira, Érica Condé Marques Oliveira, and Marcelo Ricardo Cabral Dias, “Relationship between the level of physical activity and premenstrual syndrome incidence,” Revista Brasileira de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 210–214, 2013.
- Guido M. Cavallera, Andrea Passerini, and Alessandro Pepe, “Personality Traits And The Role Of Gender In Swimmers At The Leisure Level,” Social Behavior And Personality, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 693–703, 2013.
- Mark Sanderson, Miriam Brazzelli, Carolyn A. Greig, and Gillian E. Mead, “Physical fitness training for stroke patients,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 10, 2013.
- Felipe J. Aidar, Nuno D. Garrido, António J. Silva, Victor M. Reis, Daniel A. Marinho, and Ricardo Jacó de Oliveira, “Effects of aquatic exercise on depression and anxiety in ischemic stroke subjects,” Health, vol. 05, no. 02, pp. 222–228, 2013.
- Justin C. Strickland, and Mark A. Smith, “The anxiolytic effects of resistance exercise,” Frontiers in Psychology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Felipe Jose Aidar, Dihogo Gama de Matos, Ricardo Jaco de Oliveira, Andre Luiz Carneiro, Breno Guilherme de Araujo Tinoco Cabral, Paulo Moreira Silva Dantas, and Victor Machado Reis, “Relationship between Depression and Strength Training in Survivors of the Ischemic Stroke,” Journal Of Human Kinetics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 7–15, 2014.