- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 298375, 6 pages
The Influence of Resistance Exercise Training on the Levels of Anxiety in Ischemic Stroke
1Department of Sports, Science, Exercise, and Health, University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, 5000-911 Vila Real, Portugal
25th Battalion of the Military Fire Brigade, Fire Brigade of the State of Minas Gerais, New Horizons Program, 38.406-090 Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
3Department of Physical Education, University of Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
4Departments of Kinesiology, and Physiology, Center for Health Disparities Research, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858-4353, USA
Received 5 May 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Disa Sommerfeld
Copyright © 2012 Felipe José Aidar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- André Luiz da Silva Teixeira, Érica Condé Marques Oliveira, and Marcelo Ricardo Cabral Dias, “Relationship between the level of physical activity and premenstrual syndrome incidence,” Revista Brasileira de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 210–214, 2013.
- Guido M. Cavallera, Andrea Passerini, and Alessandro Pepe, “Personality Traits And The Role Of Gender In Swimmers At The Leisure Level,” Social Behavior And Personality, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 693–703, 2013.
- Mark Sanderson, Miriam Brazzelli, Carolyn A. Greig, and Gillian E. Mead, “Physical fitness training for stroke patients,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 10, 2013.
- Felipe J. Aidar, Nuno D. Garrido, António J. Silva, Victor M. Reis, Daniel A. Marinho, and Ricardo Jacó de Oliveira, “Effects of aquatic exercise on depression and anxiety in ischemic stroke subjects,” Health, vol. 05, no. 02, pp. 222–228, 2013.
- Justin C. Strickland, and Mark A. Smith, “The anxiolytic effects of resistance exercise,” Frontiers in Psychology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Felipe Jose Aidar, Dihogo Gama de Matos, Ricardo Jaco de Oliveira, Andre Luiz Carneiro, Breno Guilherme de Araujo Tinoco Cabral, Paulo Moreira Silva Dantas, and Victor Machado Reis, “Relationship between Depression and Strength Training in Survivors of the Ischemic Stroke,” Journal Of Human Kinetics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 7–15, 2014.
- Samantha Cleveland, Simon Driver, Chad Swank, and Staci Macklin, “Classifying physical activity research following stroke using the behavioral epidemiologic framework,” Topics In Stroke Rehabilitation, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 2015.
- Chen-Ling Chen, Ken-Jie Chang, Pei-Ying Wu, Chun-Han Chi, Shin-Tsu Chang, and Yuan-Yang Cheng, “Comparison of the Effects between Isokinetic and Isotonic Strength Training in Subacute Stroke Patients,” Journal Of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1317–1323, 2015.
- Mark Stoutenberg, Chad D. Rethorst, Olivia Lawson, and Jennifer P. Read, “Exercise Training - A Beneficial Intervention in the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders?,” Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 2015.
- Robson Bonoto Teixeira, Joao Carlos Bouzas Marins, Antonio Reis de Sa Junior, Cristiane Junqueira de Carvalho, Tiago Augusto da Silva Moura, Carlos Gabriel Lade, Albert A. Rizvanov, Andrey P. Kiyasov, Marat A. Mukhamedyarov, Andrey L. Zefirov, Andras Palotas, and Luciana Moreira Lima, “Improved cognitive, affective and anxiety measures in patients with chronic systemic disorders following structured physical activity,” Diabetes & Vascular Disease Research, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 445–454, 2015.
- Felipe José Aidar, Ricardo Jacó de Oliveira, Dihogo Gama de Matos, Mauro Lucio Mazini Filho, Osvaldo Costa Moreira, Cláudia Eliza Patrocínio de Oliveira, Robert C. Hickner, and Victor Machado Reis, “A Randomized Trial Investigating the Influence of Strength Training on Quality of Life in Ischemic Stroke,” Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 84–89, 2016.