- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 584727, 10 pages
Noninvasive Brain Stimulation for Motor Recovery after Stroke: Mechanisms and Future Views
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2-1 Seiryo-cho, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Received 20 July 2012; Accepted 29 August 2012
Academic Editor: Claudia Altamura
Copyright © 2012 Naoyuki Takeuchi and Shin-Ichi Izumi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Naoyuki Takeuchi, Yutaka Oouchida, and Shin-Ichi Izumi, “Motor Control and Neural Plasticity through Interhemispheric Interactions,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Arun V. Krishnan, Steve Vucic, Cindy S-Y. Lin, and Matthew C. Kiernan, “Motor Cortex Excitability in Acute Cerebellar Infarct,” Cerebellum, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 826–834, 2013.
- Naoyuki Takeuchi, and Shin-Ichi Izumi, “Rehabilitation with Poststroke Motor Recovery: A Review with a Focus on Neural Plasticity,” Stroke Research and Treatment, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- M. Y. Cheng, E. H. Wang, W. J. Woodson, S. Wang, G. Sun, A. G. Lee, A. Arac, L. E. Fenno, K. Deisseroth, and G. K. Steinberg, “Optogenetic neuronal stimulation promotes functional recovery after stroke,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 111, no. 35, pp. 12913–12918, 2014.