- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 716919, 6 pages
Altered Hemodynamics Associated with Pathogenesis of the Vertebral Artery Dissecting Aneurysms
1Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa 228-8555, Japan
2Department of Critical Care Medicine, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Japan
3Department of Radiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Japan
4Bio-Research Infrastructure Construction Team, RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Received 29 December 2011; Accepted 16 January 2012
Academic Editor: Stefan Schwab
Copyright © 2012 Akira Kurata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Berger and C. B. Wilson, “Intracranial dissecting aneurysms of the posterior circulation. Report of six cases and review of the literature,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 882–894, 1984.
- H. J. Manz and A. J. Luessenhop, “Dissecting aneurysm of intracranial vertebral artery: case report and review of literature,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 230, no. 1, pp. 25–35, 1983.
- A. Yamaura, Y. Watanabe, and N. Saeki, “Dissecting aneurysms of the intracranial vertebral artery,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 1990.
- A. H. Friedman and C. G. Drake, “Subarachnoid hemorrhage from intracranial dissecting aneurysm,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 325–334, 1984.
- T. Mizutani, T. Aruga, T. Kirino et al., “Recurrent subarachnoid hemorrhage from untreated ruptured vertebrobasilar dissecting aneurysms,” Neurosurgery, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 905–913, 1995.
- A. Kurata, T. Ohmomo, Y. Miyasaka, K. Fujii, S. Kan, and T. Kitahara, “Coil embolization for the treatment of ruptured dissecting vertebral aneurysms,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2001.
- K. Tanaka, S. Waga, T. Kojima, Y. Kubo, T. Shimizu, and S. Niwa, “Non-traumatic dissecting aneurysms of the intracranial vertebral artery. Report of six cases,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 100, no. 1-2, pp. 62–66, 1989.
- V. B. Graves, J. Perl, C. M. Strother, R. C. Wallace, P. P. Kesava, and T. J. Masaryk, “Endovascular occlusion of the carotid or vertebral artery with temporary proximal flow arrest and microcoils: clinical results,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1201–1206, 1997.
- J. D. Barr and T. J. Lemley, “Endovascular arterial occlusion accomplished using microcoils deployed with and without proximal flow arrest: results in 19 patients,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1452–1456, 1999.
- T. Tsukahara, H. Wada, K. Satake et al., “Proximal balloon occlusion for dissecting vertebral aneurysms accompanied by subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neurosurgery, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 914–920, 1995.
- K. Irikura, Y. Miyasaka, H. Ohtaka, K. Yada, and K. Hirose, “Dissecting aneurysm of the vertebral artery with lateral medullary syndrome: a case report, with special reference to surgical treatment,” Japanese Journal of Stroke, vol. 11, pp. 133–139, 1989.
- N. Aoki and T. Sakai, “Rebleeding from intracranial dissecting aneurysm in the vertebral artery,” Stroke, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1628–1631, 1990.
- Y. Nakai, K. Yanaka, K. Meguro, et al., “Rebleeding from dissecting vertebral aneurysm after endovascular proximal occlusion: case report,” Neurosurgery letters, vol. 9, pp. 21–24, 1999.
- N. Takai, I. Ezuka, T. Sorimachi, T. Kumagai, and K. Sano, “Vertbral artery dissecting aneurysm rebleeding after proximal occlusion: case report,” Neurologia MedicoChirurgica, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 765–768, 1993.
- T. Yasui, H. Yagura, M. Komiyama, Y. Fu, Y. Nagata, and K. Tamura, “Surgical treatment for ruptured dissecting aneurysms: proximal clipping vs trapping,” Neurological Surgery, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 395–401, 1993.
- T. Yasui, H. Yagura, M. Komiyama et al., “Therapeutic occlusion of unilateral vertebral artery for unclippable aneurysms; special reference to postoperative brainstem ischemia,” Neurological Surgery, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 325–332, 1992.
- V. V. Halbach, R. T. Higashida, C. F. Dowd et al., “Endovascular treatment of vertebral artery dissections and pseudoaneurysms,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 183–191, 1993.
- I. Yamaura, E. Tani, M. Yokota et al., “Endovascular treatment of ruptured dissecting aneurysms aimed at occlusion of the dissected site by using Guglielmi detachable coils,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 853–856, 1999.
- R. A. Willinsky, “Vessel artery dissection and pseudoaneurysms: endovascular approaches,” Seminars in Neurosurgery, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 59–70, 2000.
- T. Mizutani, H. Kojima, S. Asamoto, and Y. Miki, “Pathological mechanism and three-dimensional structure of cerebral dissecting aneurysms,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 712–717, 2001.