- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 839151, 8 pages
Small Vessel Cerebrovascular Disease: The Past, Present, and Future
1Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases & Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 395 West 12th Avenue, 7th Floor, Suite 766, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Neurovascular Stroke Center, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 395 West 12th Avenue, 7th Floor, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
3Interventional Neurology Program, Comprehensive Stroke Center, St. Mary's Medical Center, 901 45th Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, USA
Received 19 September 2011; Accepted 26 October 2011
Academic Editor: Chelsea S. Kidwell
Copyright © 2012 Réza Behrouz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- John H. Zhang, Jerome Badaut, Jiping Tang, Andre Obenaus, Richard Hartman, and William J. Pearce, “The vascular neural network-a new paradigm in stroke pathophysiology,” Nature Reviews Neurology, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 711–716, 2012.
- Christian Schenk, Timothy Wuerz, and Alan J. Lerner, “Small Vessel Disease and Memory Loss: What the Clinician Needs to Know to Preserve Patients’ Brain Health,” Current Cardiology Reports, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Jacek Staszewski, Renata Piusińska-Macoch, Ewa Skrobowska, Bogdan Brodacki, Rafał Pawlik, Tomasz Dutkiewicz, Wiesław Piechota, Alicja Rączka, Kazimierz Tomczykiewicz, and Adam Stępień, “Significance of Haemodynamic and Haemostatic Factors in the Course of Different Manifestations of Cerebral Small Vessel Disease: The SHEF-CSVD Study—Study Rationale and Protocol,” Neuroscience Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Hanna-Sofia Karcher, Robert Holzwarth, Hans-Peter Mueller, Albert C. Ludolph, Roman Huber, Jan Kassubek, and Elmar H. Pinkhardt, “Body Fat Distribution as a Risk Factor for Cerebrovascular Disease: An MRI- Based Body Fat Quantification Study,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 341–348, 2013.