- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 128641, 13 pages
Rehabilitation with Poststroke Motor Recovery: A Review with a Focus on Neural Plasticity
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-1 Seiryo-cho, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Received 8 February 2013; Revised 9 April 2013; Accepted 10 April 2013
Academic Editor: Magdy Selim
Copyright © 2013 Naoyuki Takeuchi and Shin-Ichi Izumi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E. A. Susanto, S. K. Ho, K. Y. Tong, X. J. Wei, X. L. Hu, and W. Rong, “The effects of post-stroke upper-limb training with an electromyography (EMG)-driven hand robot,” Journal Of Electromyography And Kinesiology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 1065–1074, 2013.
- Jerome J. Maller, “Neuroplasticity in normal and brain injured patients: Potential relevance of ear wiggling locus of control and cortical projections,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 838–843, 2014.
- Julia L. Amengual, Thomas F. Muente, Josep Marco-Pallares, Nuria Rojo, Jennifer Grau-Sanchez, Francisco Rubio, Esther Duarte, Carles Grau, and Antoni Rodriguez-Fornells, “Overactivation of the supplementary motor area in chronic stroke patients,” Journal of Neurophysiology, vol. 112, no. 9, pp. 2251–2263, 2014.
- Bente Elisabeth Bassoe Gjelsvik, Hakon Hofstad, Tori Smedal, Geir Egil Eide, Halvor Naess, Jan Sture Skouen, Bente Frisk, Silje Daltveit, and Liv Inger Strand, “Balance and walking after three different models of stroke rehabilitation: early supported discharge in a day unit or at home, and traditional treatment (control),” Bmj Open, vol. 4, no. 5, 2014.
- Marianne E. Klinke, Thóra B. Hafsteinsdóttir, Haukur Hjaltason, and Helga Jónsdóttir, “Ward-based interventions for patients with hemispatial neglect in stroke rehabilitation: A systematic literature review,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, 2015.