- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 170256, 14 pages
Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in Stroke Rehabilitation: A Review of Recent Advancements
Canadian Centre for Behavioural Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, University of Lethbridge, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, AB, Canada T1K 3M4
Received 10 October 2012; Revised 17 December 2012; Accepted 14 January 2013
Academic Editor: Petra Henrich-Noack
Copyright © 2013 Andrea Gomez Palacio Schjetnan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jamshid Faraji, Andrea Gomez-Palacio-Schjetnan, Artur Luczak, and Gerlinde A. Metz, “Beyond the silence: Bilateral somatosensory stimulation enhances skilled movement quality and neural density in intact behaving rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 253, pp. 78–89, 2013.
- Marom Bikson, and Asif Rahman, “Originsof specificity during tDCS: anatomical, activity-selective, and input-bias mechanisms,” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, vol. 7, 2013.
- Alessio Faralli, Matteo Bigoni, Alessandro Mauro, Ferdinando Rossi, and Daniela Carulli, “Noninvasive strategies to promote functional recovery after stroke,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2013, 2013.
- Leonor J. Romero Lauro, Mario Rosanova, Giulia Mattavelli, Silvia Convento, Alberto Pisoni, Alexander Opitz, Nadia Bolognini, and Giuseppe Vallar, “TDCS increases cortical excitability: Direct evidence from TMS–EEG,” Cortex, vol. 58, pp. 99–111, 2014.
- Vânia de Aguiar, Caterina Paolazzi, and Gabriele Miceli, “tDCS in post-stroke aphasia: The role of stimulation parameters, behavioral treatment and patient characteristics,” Cortex, 2014.
- Alberto Dominguez, Rosario Socas, Hipolito Marrero, Nieves Leon, Jesus LLabres, and Enrique Enriquez, “Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation improves word production in Conduction Aphasia: Electroencephalographic and behavioral evidences,” International Journal of Clinical and Health Psychology, 2014.
- Sook Joung Lee, and Min Ho Chun, “Combination Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation and Virtual Reality Therapy for Upper Extremity Training in Patients With Subacute Stroke,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 431–438, 2014.
- R. T. Viana, G. E. C. Laurentino, R. J. P. Souza, J. B. Fonseca, E. M. Silva Filho, S. N. Dias, L. F. Teixeira-Salmela, and K. K. Monte-Silva, “Effects of the addition of transcranial direct current stimulation to virtual reality therapy after stroke: A pilot randomized controlled trial,” Neurorehabilitation, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 437–446, 2014.