- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 394036, 9 pages
Early Brain Injury: A Common Mechanism in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Global Cerebral Ischemia
1Division of Neurosurgery, St. Michael's Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
2Labatt Family Centre of Excellence in Brain Injury and Trauma Research, Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital, 209 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1T8
3Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 27 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ryszard M. Pluta
Copyright © 2013 Mohammed Sabri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sheng Chen, Hua Feng, Prativa Sherchan, Damon Klebe, Gang Zhao, Xiaochuan Sun, Jianmin Zhang, Jiping Tang, and John H. Zhang, “Controversies and Evolving New Mechanisms in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2013.
- Xuebo Sun, Chengyuan Ji, Tong Hu, Zhong Wang, and Gang Chen, “Tamoxifen as an effective neuroprotectant against early brain injury and learning deficits induced by subarachnoid hemorrhage: possible involvement of inflammatory signaling,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 10, 2013.
- Yuxiang Dai, Wen Zhang, Qing Sun, Xing Zhang, Xiaoming Zhou, Yangchun Hu, and Jixin Shi, “Nuclear Receptor Nur77 Promotes Cerebral Cell Apoptosis and Induces Early Brain Injury After Experimental Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 1110–1121, 2014.
- R. Loch Macdonald, Michael N. Diringer, and Giuseppe Citerio, “Understanding the disease: aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Intensive Care Medicine, 2014.
- Naoya Matsuda, Hiroki Ohkuma, Masato Naraoka, Akira Munakata, Norihito Shimamura, and Kenichiro Asano, “Role of oxidized LDL and lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 in cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 621–630, 2014.
- Yuxiang Dai, Wen Zhang, Xiaoming Zhou, and Jixin Shi, “Inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal Kinase Ameliorates Early Brain Injury After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Through Inhibition of a Nur77 Dependent Apoptosis Pathway,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1603–1611, 2014.
- Asita S. Sarrafzadeh, Peter Vajkoczy, Philippe Bijlenga, and Karl Schaller, “Monitoring in Neurointensive Care â€“ The Challenge to Detect Delayed Cerebral Ischemia in High-Grade Aneurysmal SAH,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Wenqi Chen, Yinyi Sun, Kangyong Liu, and Xiaojiang Sun, “Autophagy: a double-edged sword for neuronal survival after cerebral ischemia,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 1210–1216, 2014.
- Yuxiang Dai, Qing Sun, Xing Zhang, Yangchun Hu, Mengliang Zhou, and Jixin Shi, “Cyclosporin A ameliorates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage through inhibition of a Nur77 dependent apoptosis pathway,” Brain Research, vol. 1556, pp. 67–76, 2014.
- Xiao-ke Hao, Wei Wu, Chun-xi Wang, Guang-bin Xie, Tao Li, He-ming Wu, Li-tian Huang, Meng-liang Zhou, Chun-hua Hang, and Ji-xin Shi, “Ghrelin alleviates early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage via the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway,” Brain Research, vol. 1587, pp. 15–22, 2014.
- Elisa R. Zanier, Rosalia Zangari, Lea Munthe-Fog, Estrid Hein, Tommaso Zoerle, Valeria Conte, Franca Orsini, Mauro Tettamanti, Nino Stocchetti, Peter Garred, and Maria-Grazia De Simoni, “Ficolin-3-mediated lectin complement pathway activation in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neurology, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 126–134, 2014.
- Dominik Buehler, Sepiede Azghandi, Kathrin Schueller, and Nikolaus Plesnila, “Effect of Decompressive Craniectomy on Outcome Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Mice,” Stroke, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 819–+, 2015.
- Hao-Liang Xu, Dale A. Pelligrino, Chanannait Paisansathan, and Fernando D. Testai, “Protective role of fingolimod (FTY720) in rats subjected to subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Journal Of Neuroinflammation, vol. 12, 2015.