- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 692137, 13 pages
Is Weight-Bearing Asymmetry Associated with Postural Instability after Stroke? A Systematic Review
1ViaReva, Centre for Rehabilitation, P.O. Box 812, 7301 BB Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
2Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen Centre for Evidence Based Practice, Department of Rehabilitation, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
3Sint Maartenskliniek, Research, Development & Education, P.O. Box 9011, 6500 GM Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Received 31 October 2012; Revised 28 January 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editor: Catherine Said
Copyright © 2013 Jip F. Kamphuis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alon Kalron, and Anat Achiron, “Postural control, falls and fear of falling in people with multiple sclerosis without mobility aids,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2013.
- David Perez-Cruzado, Manuel Gonzalez-Sanchez, and Antonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas, “Parameterization and reliability of single-leg balance test assessed with inertial sensors in stroke survivors: a cross-sectional study,” Biomedical Engineering Online, vol. 13, 2014.
- Kelly J. Bower, Jennifer L. McGinley, Kimberly J. Miller, and Ross A. Clark, “Instrumented Static and Dynamic Balance Assessment after Stroke Using Wii Balance Boards: Reliability and Association with Clinical Tests,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 12, 2014.
- Jose Antonio Merchán-Baeza, Manuel González-Sánchez, and Antonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas, “Reliability in the Parameterization of the Functional Reach Test in Elderly Stroke Patients: A Pilot Study,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Kamal Narayan Arya, Shanta Pandian, C. R. Abhilasha, and Ashutosh Verma, “Does the Motor Level of the Paretic Extremities Affect Balance in Poststroke Subjects?,” Rehabilitation Research and Practice, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Alon Kalron, and Lior Frid, “The "butterfly diagram": A gait marker for neurological and cerebellar impairment in people with multiple sclerosis,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2015.
- Jose Antonio Merchán-Baeza, Manuel González-Sánchez, and Antonio Cuesta-Vargas, “Mobile Functional Reach Test in People Who Suffer Stroke: A Pilot Study,” JMIR Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. e6, 2015.
- Jose Antonio Merchan-Baeza, Manuel Gonzalez-Sanchez, and Antonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas, “Comparison of kinematic variables obtained by inertial sensors among stroke survivors and healthy older adults in the Functional Reach Test: cross-sec,” Biomedical Engineering Online, vol. 14, 2015.
- F. Z. H. Yang, and M. Y. C. Pang, “Influence of chronic stroke impairments on bone strength index of the tibial distal epiphysis and diaphysis,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 469–480, 2015.
- C. Beyaert, R. Vasa, and G. E. Frykberg, “Gait post-stroke: Pathophysiology and rehabilitation strategies,” Neurophysiologie Clinique-Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 45, no. 4-5, pp. 335–355, 2015.
- Digna de Kam, Jip. F. Kamphuis, Vivian Weerdesteyn, and Alexander C.H. Geurts, “The effect of weight-bearing asymmetry on dynamic postural stability in healthy young individuals,” Gait & Posture, 2016.