- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 827154, 2 pages
Brain Injury after Transient Global Cerebral Ischemia and Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
1Departments of Neurosurgery and of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
2Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
3Division of Neurosurgery, St. Michael’s Hospital, Labatt Family Centre of Excellence in Brain Injury and Trauma Research, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Received 22 October 2013; Accepted 22 October 2013
Copyright © 2013 Fatima A. Sehba et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Okamoto, R. Horisawa, T. Kawamura et al., “Family history and risk of subarachnoid hemorrhage: a case-control study in Nagoya, Japan,” Stroke A Journal of Cerebral Circulation, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 422–426, 2003.
- K. K. Andersen, Z. J. Andersen, and T. S. Olsen, “Age- and gender-specific prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in 40,102 patients with first-ever ischemic stroke: a nationwide danish study,” Stroke, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2768–2774, 2010.
- F. A. Sehba, R. M. Pluta, and J. H. Zhang, “Metamorphosis of subarachnoid hemorrhage research: from delayed vasospasm to early brain injury,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 27–40, 2011.
- R. L. Macdonald, R. M. Pluta, and J. H. Zhang, “Cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: the emerging revolution,” Nature Clinical Practice Neurology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 256–263, 2007.