- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837595, 6 pages
The ABC of tDCS: Effects of Anodal, Bilateral and Cathodal Montages of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in Patients with Stroke—A Pilot Study
1Clinical Laboratory of Experimental Neurorehabilitation, I.R.C.C.S. Santa Lucia Foundation, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
2Operative Unit F, I.R.C.C.S. Santa Lucia Foundation, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
3Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sapienza University of Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Received 20 July 2012; Revised 20 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Antonio Oliviero
Copyright © 2013 A. Fusco et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elise Klein, Anne Mann, Stefan Huber, Johannes Bloechle, Klaus Willmes, Ahmed A. Karim, Hans-Christoph Nuerk, and Korbinian Moeller, “Bilateral Bi-Cephalic Tdcs with Two Active Electrodes of the Same Polarity Modulates Bilateral Cognitive Processes Differentially,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Bernhard Elsner, Joachim Kugler, Marcus Pohl, and Jan Mehrholz, “Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) for improving function and activities of daily living in patients after stroke,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 11, 2013.
- Marie-Helene Boudrias, Charlotte Jane Stagg, Velicia Bachtiar, Udo Kischka, Jakob Udby Blicher, and Heidi Johansen-Berg, “Predicting behavioural response to TDCS in chronic motor stroke,” Neuroimage, vol. 85, pp. 924–933, 2014.
- Augusto Fusco, Federica Assenza, Marco Iosa, Simona Izzo, Riccardo Altavilla, Stefano Paolucci, and Fabrizio Vernieri, “The Ineffective Role of Cathodal tDCS in Enhancing the Functional Motor Outcomes in Early Phase of Stroke Rehabilitation: An Experimental Trial,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Paola Marangolo, Valentina Fiori, Francesca Gelfo, Jacob Shofany, Carmelina Razzano, Carlo Caltagirone, and Francesco Angelucci, “Bihemispheric tDCS enhances language recovery but does not alter BDNF levels in chronic aphasic patients,” Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 367–379, 2014.
- Augusto Fusco, Marco Iosa, Vincenzo Venturiero, Domenico De Angelis, Giovanni Morone, Luisa Maglione, Maura Bragoni, Paola Coiro, Luca Pratesi, and Stefano Paolucci, “After vs. priming effects of anodal transcranial direct current stimulation on upper extremity motor recovery in patients with subacute stroke,” Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 301–312, 2014.